family

Country

UK

Device

samsung galaxy 😎

Operating System

android

My Question or Issue

I've been told I can claim a google home mini but when I follow this link https://www.spotify.com/uk/googlehome/register/ all I see is "Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer!"  well I havn't claimed before

when I follow Check availability.

I just get "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

so how do I claim one here in the UK

92 Replies

I received an email this afternoon and have successfully ordered my free google home mini device, thank you.

For those still waiting for the redemption email, you will get it eventually. It took 4 days for my email to arrive in the inbox.

I feel that Spotify could have delivered a better service on this occasion. This has been a very stressful experience. The responses I have received via email, live chat, twitter have all been the same and are copy & paste answers. They need to do a lot better dealing with customers, maybe personalising their responses too.

@Ayisha88 wrote:

@jptykes  how long did your email take to arrive 

I started the process on Friday, received my email today.

I subscribed Saturday and received my email today

Just hang in there gang. The email will come through eventually.

I ordered on the 22nd of march. I've only just received the email this morning with the "GET IT NOW" green button link to redeem the offer via a Google page.

scg.png

I got my email last week and at first when I clicked the link it took me to the google store but when I added the mini to my basket it was still coming up at full price. Now when I click it, it just says no available at this time. 

Everyone I’ve spoken to in customer service says it should work now, try again (5 emails later)  today I get one saying, hang in there keep trying, good luck! 

@kattjonesyes mine came up at full price. The discount only showed at the final stage just be I submitted the order.

It may be that because you clicked the link, it marked it as "used" on spotifys end even though you did not go through with it on Googles end. As a web developer, I would suggest trying to log out, clear all cookies and site data (or use a different browser) and try again from the email link. Good luck!

Hey there folks,

We're aware some users are having troubles claiming the Google Home Mini included in your Premium for Family plan.

First, we'd recommend making sure to follow the steps below:

1. If you were already the owner of a Premium for Family plan, you'll need to head here to register first. If not, just head to step 2.
  2. After successfully registering for the offer, you should receive an email to claim the device. 

FAQ:

I did not receive an email to claim the device

• Make sure you're logged in your Spotify account.
  • Go to spotify.com/googlehome/redeem
  • You'll be redirected to the Google Store in order to select color of the device and follow the rest of the checkout process.

If you’re still not receiving the email with a link to redeem your device, hang in there - we’ll make sure to send the email when it's ready.

I got an error message after registering.

If you see an error message at step 2, keep in mind that it might take a few days for your device to become available, since demand has been very high. This is why you're seeing that error message.

I got the message “an unknown error has occurred”

We'd recommend giving it another try later

I have a question about delivery, returns, hardware warranty, installation or troubleshooting with the Google Home Mini.

Please get in touch with Google at @MadeByGoogle on Twitter directly for any of the above.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

0DC7616A-9B6F-4BFB-BDB7-B766649E7FF5.png

@britdub wrote:

Plan

family

Country

UK

Device

samsung galaxy 😎

Operating System

android

My Question or Issue

I've been told I can claim a google home mini but when I follow this link https://www.spotify.com/uk/googlehome/register/ all I see is "Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer!"  well I havn't claimed before

when I follow Check availability.

I just get "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

so how do I claim one here in the UK

Same here, I have had the account for a couple years, even had it stolen with the spotiamb exploit but I am not entitled to one - it doesnt tell me why?

spotify.PNG

Had the email today to say claim my mini for having a family account, follwed the steps and still trying to chage me £49, whatever way I try this logged into my spotify account or not it wont change it, took checkout right to the point of paying and still no change. Anyone any idea how to get this changed or put to zero, is there a discount code, checked in redeem section in my account and nothing there either.

Regards

I'm having this same issue too. I never registered. I can't registered and it tells me to try later. I've not received an email.

I've been a registered family member for years.

I received the email on 20/3/19.

Every single day since then I'm still receiving the error message of: "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Official Spotify support has been useless up to now. They told me "We’ll email you with a link to redeem your device when it’s ready." even though I already have the email and have been a loyal subscriber for years.

People on other forums (HUKD) have been able to sign up for 1 month and cancel and still get their Google Mini Home.

Really strange, tried again from the same link last night, went straight through this time, still said £49 when I picked the mini, then went to £0 on the next page with free p+p, have to say after that it was straight forward , email from google saying when it would be delivered. I think if you have a link try a few times, maybe not just picking up the 1rst time you do it. Have to say I was a bit frustrated and thought it was maybe a scam (never get anything for nothing!) this time however it does seem to be OK

My Email with the purchase link arrived yesterday, I think more than
anything just telling us we are not eligible is the wrong message they need
to adjust the message to explain why it is not possible to order.

I have now been emailing Spotify for 10 days as I cannot get my code to work for the Google mini. I have been sent surveys and feedback forms as if its been sorted but I still get the 'cannot be redeemed' message. I was told this means that the quota for the day has been used even when I am trying at ridiculously early times. So disappointed in Spotify s handling of this issue.

I tried claiming it and the page wants me to downgrade my family plan to the Premium plan. ...

5B5677A4-AE3F-4793-B365-819E1B472E3F.png

Hey. I need another code.

i filled out wrong shipping/billing address and it didn’t validate my order. if I could be emailed another code please . *snip*

I'm unable to register for a google home mine, even though I'm already a premium plan member.  When I follow the link: https://www.spotify.com/googlehome/register/, I am redirected to: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/full-price-premium-direct/?continue=https%3A//www.spoti...

Capture.JPG

What's up?

Hello

I managed to order the google home mini, but the order was rejected (cancelled) by Google Store...

I contacted the Google support: thay asked me to contact Spotify in order to get another code to redeem the home mini.

Who can I contact in Spotify to get another code (and show the email I received from Google support)?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Regards,

The service in these issues has been appalling. It's been over 3 weeks and still no proper answers.

Suggested posts