Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community][Connect] Idea unclear? Ask for detail!

[Community][Connect] Idea unclear? Ask for detail!

When I as a user spend time on giving you feedback on your product instead of cancelling my subscription, I am basically investing in your product for free!

So how about, when you think that sth is unclear (just unclear, not rude or impolite), you just ask for more detail? It's very demotivating, when you see your feedback simply disregarded.

So just to be very clear.

1. I report on an issue with spotify. (Example: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Playlists-Make-playlists-consistent-between-ma...)
  2. You find something unclear.
  3. Status Quo: You disregard my feedback and loose me as an actively participating customer.
  4. Idea: You change your "Making sure your idea is clear" policy and ask for more detail.

I understand that you have trouble going through all the feedback. But the answer cannot be to simply ignore it or to make it harder for your users. That's not how innovation works.

PS: I make this post extremely verbose to avoid it to be closed because of "lacking detail".

1 Reply

Hi @rhino64

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on the Community - We really appreciate it!

It was never our intention to make things difficult for you. If an idea is unclear, we ask users to resubmit it with more details to make sure we understand what’s requested. This doesn’t mean your feedback was disregarded, we just don’t have enough information about what you want to see changed. 

Keep in mind that if you’re reporting an issue, the Idea Exchange isn’t the right place. You can read more on that here.

Hope you’ll find this clarification useful.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts