Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Merging ideas reopens idea

[Community] Merging ideas reopens idea

I posted an idea today and received an emai lsaying it had been merged into a comment on another idea. However that idea has been closed. I understand that ostensibly you monitor closed ideas to see if they get 500 votes in 18 months but I do not think that is a fair thing to do. I would be surprised if many closed ideas are freqently voted on, enough to reopen them. If an idea is posted that is similiar to a closed idea then the idea should be reopened rather than remaining closed. Furthermore, maybe the system of voting needs to be rethought, votes should be extrapolated out as a representation of customers rather than requiring a certain number of votes to rise up through the ranks. ie 10 votes should be seen as many more, as many users will not engage with the community but probably want the same thing! 

1 Reply

Hi there @TonyDZ,

Thanks for your post!

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions on how to make the Idea exchange better with the Community. 

Before submitting an Idea you should make sure you check if a similar idea, requesting the same or similar feature has not already been posted and discussed. Sometimes users post a new idea about something, that has gathered a few hundred votes in another idea thread, so those get merged together. This way it becomes more visible and easier to track how many users are requesting the same change to the app/service. In such cases the votes from all merged ideas are transferred over to the main one.

We are in constant communication with the developer teams at Spotify and do our best to update the Idea statuses as quickly as possible, so that users know if a given feature is being worked on or not.

You can always learn more about the idea process here.

Hope you find this information useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts