Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Remove "ideas" and stop requiring users to "vote" in order to implement change.

[Community] Remove "ideas" and stop requiring users to "vote" in order to implement change.

1. The voting feature is a point of contention for many users who feel isolated and unheard by Spotify. Comments are always redirected to "create or vote on an idea" and yet the vast majority of users will not do so. This gives a false impression that Spotify will listen, when in reality only a small fraction of users will actually be paid any attention from Spotify. Forcing users to go through a voting process allows only a small fraction of opinions to be heard, and only from one type of personality which is willing to jump through hoops to express an opinion. The point is to make things better, not allow a very small fraction of a community to dictate.
2 Replies

Hey there @Westabrook

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We're sorry to know that you feel this way. Keep in mind that Spotify has millions of users, and while we do receive feedback from individual interactions, the best way to keep track of a suggestion and how popular it is, is by the voting system. We use the Idea Exchange to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.
EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ha! I had a post on this exact point, which has since been closed and archived because it didn't get enough votes: https://community.spotify.com/t5/contentarchivals/contentarchivedpage/message-uid/5459233#M93643

So meta!

The idea exchange and community platform processes seem to be in direct conflict with the goal of actually soliciting and valuing feedback from Spotify users. 

It's impossible to win, because ideas aren't allowed to live long enough to become popular, and there's no way to vote on them after they're closed and archived. 

Suggested posts