Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

Solved!

Complete Sonos Integration...... please?

Sonos was the main reason I signed up for a premium plan and I love the service.

But it's killing me that I can't use all of the Spotify features through Sonos.  Who is holding this up?  Sonos or Spotify?

I really want Radio, app support, a better layout or the site, etc....

Any chance any of these will occur?

219 Replies

I just figured I would post in this thread as well.  I got sonos, and started out with Spotify premium because that it is the streaming service I wanted to use.  Ultimately I was disappointed with the integration in sonos and switched to Rhapsody, which has been great. I'm really not sure why they don't work on this issue because people ultimately start with a device, like sonos, then the services offered on it are secondary a secondary decision.  At least to me this is logical, maybe not to everyone.

I sent some feedback into Sonos and Spotify about this about 6 months back and got their standard we are looking into this response. Clearly neither company see this as their priority or thy would have found a way to get it together by now.

I'll be sticking with Sonos for now (though I'm frustrated that it has not brought out a portable battery powered speaker yet - what on earth was that sub they brought out all about??!) and reconsidering my streaming service.

Ive juskt checked out MOG but alas it does not appear to be available in the UK yet. Anyone know when it's likely to arrive? In the meantime I'll take a look at Deezer and Rhapsody as alternatives. Sounds like MOG pretty much reproduces Rhapsody content anyhow according to Wikipedia.

I would prefer it if spotify app could be used and sent to sonos. Rather than the terrible sonos app

I agree fully.  There should radio and the ability to star songs.  I too am one of the many who signed up for premium in order to integrate with Sonos.  Here's the Sonos reply to this request on their board.

Begin text:

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos. 

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation. 

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community.

Hello....Sonos....Spotify can you hear us ? Please make it work

Hi all, I am using Aupeo! I am in the UK I use that for radio it does the trick... Shame spotify are not listening.

I've been trying out the Napster Rhapsody and Deezer interfaces on Sonos and am impressed with Napster Rhapsody, so am going to make the switch to it from Spotify. In particular, that its able to offer its own radio by genre sorely missing from the Spotify Sonos interface. Such a shame Spotify have not listened to its Sonos users' feedback on this forum and elsewhere.

I've been a spotify premium user for a year or so. My biggest disappointed hasn't been the fact the radio is not yet available via API to sonos but the total lack of respect shown to paying customers by ignoring their questions and queries so much.

I will be looking at the other streaming options people have mentioned above and moving to the most appropriate ASAP. It seems voting with my wallet is the only thing spotify might pay attention to..... Not exactly the dialogue I was hoping from a modern Internet service provision company... 😞

Napster has a 30 day trial so I will probably let spotify expire and make the switch... Cheers!

Loaded up napster and deezer earlier today. Napster wipes the floor on Spotify in terms of searching for content (you can tell an album from a single) and radios / channels. Also artist info. Better in all regards. Only concern is bitrate / quality.

And the reply from Spotify as I close the door...

-------------------------

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Spotify.
Hows it going today?

Currently there is no radio feature using Spotify through Sonos.

It's great to hear our users feedback on Spotify, so thank you!
We are always working on adding new features to the app & improving Spotify in general.

Without feedback we don't know what our users would like to see so it's a great help to us!
Your feedback has been noted & put forward to the correct department.

If you have any other questions then please dont hesitate to contact us.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge
---------------------------------

So I'm now trialing Deezer and Napster..... Which incidentally both have radio type features and far better discovery features for songs through sonos (related artists, genres, info on artists etc). One other huge bug bear I had with the spotify implementation was also when searching for Albums it would litter the results with every single/EP with no way of distinguishing the from true LPs...

Maybe I'll be back one day if things improve but for now... 

Main reason for getting Spotify is discovering new music. Radio is perfect for that. Seems I need to switch to Deezer then........

I use Sonos as the primary music listening system whenever I'm home.  As a long-time subscriber to both Rhapsody and Spotify Premium, I find the search, playlist and streaming audio quality on Spotify to be superior to Rhapsody.  Moreover the selection of artists and albums on Spotify is also better for me.  However, the biggest shortcoming with Spotify from my perspective is the inability to discover new music on Spotify by using the Spotify Radio capability through Sonos.  By comparison, Rhapsody offers a good selection of radio channels that I can access seamlessly using the Sonos controller on my iPhone.  The most recent "Official Response" to this issue on the Sonos support site (https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/add_spotify_radios_to_sonos) includes the following explanation: 

"Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation."

C'mon Spotify.  Please get together with Sonos and work this out so I can enjoy Spotify radio channels throughout my home and recommend Spotify unconditionally to family and friends, many of whom are Sonos users.  

Spotify, please get your act together on this one. It's a disgrace that you're forcing us to pay premium price when the sonos app is so way behind on features. 

It's not only the radio, though it would be a very nice feature. 

How about artist bio, related artists, album year, primary studio albums vs collections/live/singles/etc.

Get to work, we're paying you double up on the price while not getting anything in return. 

I was a happy Pandora customer for 5 yrs. I have put Sonos throughout my house, and as a result, I was interested in Spotify for the higher quality audio. I tested it, and confirmed, Spotify sounds better. No question.

I started using Spotify premium and love it... I became a Spotify convert immediately... Then I found one, very major issue. Sonos cannot currently support Spotify Radio.

I am now considering moving back to Pandora, and just waiting for Pandora to get their on demand content and audio quality on par with Spotify... I am confident Pandora will do this, and I have seen no indication from Spotify that they will work to support Radio on Sonos.

SPOTIFY: this is your chance to capture a lot of Sonos Pandora users (who will tell their non-Sonos friends). Spotify can provide higher fidelity audio, a better user experience, and better on demand content/playlist support.... But without Radio - Spotify is severely limited on Sonos compared to Pandora. Please, do something about this.

everybody reading this thread, don't forget to give some kudos to the "new idea" post here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Please-Add-Spotify-Radio-Function-to-Sonos/idi-p/25018...

I have some faith (only some) that when the new API for third-party devices is pushed out, it will include Radio.  I've heard that a major update to the API is coming and I am assuming it is because of the upcoming Collection feature and hopefully Radio.

I love my Sonos devices and if Spotify added this plus Collection it would be my go-to for listening on Sonos and I might not even touch my local library as much any more.

Just to add a "me too" to this, am currently on the 30 day trial for Spotify which I would happily pay for if I could play Spotify radio through my Sonos system.  Otherwise I will have to look at alternatives.

Can we instead just have Sonos accessible through Spotify UI? It is so much better...

If you agree, please vote for the idea here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Needed-functionality-Using-Spotify-UI-to-stream-to-Son... - so that Spotify team work on it!

Was just about to sign up for a premium account having just downloaded the free version to my mac and seen the radio option and then spotted this thread. This is a deal breaker for me. Will keep looking for a decent streaming service then.

Shame

Suggested posts