Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Congrats on new Rewind feature

Congrats on new Rewind feature

Congratulations on the new #Rewind feature.

Spotify automatically created a 90's playlist for me, and I love (almost) every song.

Well done.

8 Replies

It's sweet indeed. I also like that the ctrl+f feature inside playlists is finally brought back Smiley Happy.

EDIT: Article about the new feature.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Are the playlists supposed to be so short? I only get max 10 songs per list so far. Also the autoplay is pretty annoying. Great idea though!

There is no statement on the length of playlists. I read some users even have only five songs a list. But granted, Spotify is still working on it. Really like this new feature, very original!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It does not work. After selecting artists I see no playlists. I guess it is not available in the Netherlands yet?? (When I want to select my  country I can only choose USA, UK or Germany) Still I can access the rewind website from the Netherlands. Strange it is......<confused>

Well back to Spotibot then I guess...

Another bug: you have to select 3 artists to generate the playlist. But once an artist is selected, they are permanently removed from the list. If your browser crashes, or you accidentally close the tab before picking the third artist, the artist count goes back to 0, but you will not be able to pick the original 2 again.

I do not seem to have that issue. I went back multiple times and picked the three same artists again, the API let me go again with the same artists.

My favorite three artists doesn't show up....

After a bit of tweaking it gave me a reasonable result, I found if I chose three bands of a similar genre it was OK but initially I chose two punk bands and Johnny Cash and that totally threw it, it told me in the 90s I'd be listening to Ernest Tubb... and he's been dead since 1984.

To be honest it kind of grinds my gears to see Spotify developers working on utterly pointless stuff like this when there are so many great Idea  threads on these forums that could actually aff value to the product we pay £9.99 a month for... just me?

P.S. CTRL+F filter is still broken for me -_-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 x64
Spotify Desktop App: 1.0.10.107.gd0dfca3a
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggested posts