Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Nephop - A Musical Revolution

[Connect] Nephop - A Musical Revolution

To those who can help me, 

Not many people are familiar with the beautiful Himalayan region of Nepal. After a decade, long political instability and civil war, Nepal has finally removed its autocratic monarchy and finally secured a stable communist government. During this national struggle, Nephop was born. 

Nephop refers to Nepali form of hip-hop, which has been introduced and developed across Nepal through few rappers such as GP, NSK, Yama Buddha, Laure, MC Flo. However, due to technological difficulties Nephop has not been able to spread across to its potential audiences across the world. People aren't able to afford the mobile data required to keep the YouTube application open on their phones just to listen to Nephop music and downloading mp3 music has become obsolete.

In addition, Spotify is currently not available in Nepal so Nephop is also struggling to spread through Spotify. This is why Nepal needs the help of Spotify to make Nephop readily accessible to its listeners. Many of NepHop rappers (including those mentioned above) are not available on Spotify. There is a big problem on accessing Nepalese hip hop music and Spotify can take the first step on Uniting Nepalese youth with Nepal through Nephop music. Nepal needs the help of Spotify. Please VOTE to show SUPPORT. Thank you very much

I have managed to gather few Nephop music that are available on Spotify now and create few playlists - (to those that are interested) 

Prabal Bhusal

NepHop
26037688_2067801690119786_623889922_o.jpg
26056497_2067801480119807_449979944_n.jpg
3 Replies

We need more support. 

NepHop

Nice one bhai.

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Nepal

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts