Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connection issues

Connection issues

• Hi. I have four Alexas and happily connected to them initially with spotify. I then got spotify family and my wife got spotify and linked to my account. When she connected to the alexas I was thrown off and could not connect (it wouldn't find the devices). We both reinstalled alexa apps and Spotify, turned off and on the alexas and turned off and on WiFi. Nothing worked and eventually only I could reconnect. When I then tried to connect my wife I have been thrown out and spotify won't find my alexas. We are linked on spotify family, linked on amazon accounts, have our alexa apps properly linked to our Spotify accounts and spotify as the default music option. We have turned everything on and off. Why will Spotify now not recognise my Alexas and only play my wifes Spotify account? Tearing my hair out! Thank you in advance as I can't seem to find the answers to this.
1 Reply

Hi @DomSibley,

Welcome to the Community!

If you're having difficulties linking your family's Alexa and Spotify accounts, make sure that your individual Spotify accounts aren't linked with the same Amazon account. Each one of you will need to set his Echo up with an own Amazon ID, otherwise they will all sync to the same Spotify account. You can read more about this in the Good to know section of this article

If you're interested in using voice commands for multiple Alexa devices with different Spotify accounts, I'd recommend checking out this post and follow the steps.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts