NEXT STEP

Connectivity issues on all my devices

Connectivity issues on all my devices

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8 iOS 14.4, Macbook Pro late 2013 OS 10.14 Mojave  , Mac Pro OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, iPad 4)

Operating System

see above

My Question or Issue

Music is grayed out. I read the FAQ and it might be connected to my VPN.

I installed a VPN 6+ months ago.  About a month ago, maybe two, I started having connectivity issues. At the bottom of iPhone/IPad screen reads, Connecting . . .   . It has gotten worse. On all devices songs would be mostly grayed out.  Then for a few seconds,  the songs would go 'live' (meaning, I could play them), then grayed out, again.

Grayed out songs are happening with most or just about all pages across all devices. It's a bad problem and seems to be getting worse.  I don't have issues with any other websites, just Spotify. I would like to keep VPN running when using Spotify so that I can listen and use the Internet with a private connection.

Is there a solution for me?  Perhaps is there a VPN connection protocol that will allow Spotify to connect as intended?  And, are there any issues other than VPN that could be causing this problem?

Thanks!  Please let me here back with some solid solutions!

3 Replies

Hi @chachachanges,

Thank you for posting your questions on the Community. 

Unfortunately, when a VPN is used the app cannot connect properly to the Spotify servers and this is because we doesn't officially support VPNs. They can work sometimes, but it's not guaranteed. 

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting VPN support.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Really appreciate your reply. I contacted my VPN provider, ProtonVPN, and they provided me with a solution that appears to be working, at least on my iPhone. 

Hi @chachachanges,

We're glad to know that you could find a solution to this.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts