Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Couldn't Stop the Web Helper So I Uninstalled the App

Solved!

Couldn't Stop the Web Helper So I Uninstalled the App

Like the Subject says, it's not possible to permanently prevent the Web Helper from starting with Windows, and after literally years of requests from users, it's very clear that Spotify doesn't care. So I simply uninstalled the Spotify application for the Windows desktop.

Don't get me wrong, I love Spotify. But I've got other ways to use Spotify so I won't miss the desktop application. Not trying to make a statement here, just saying that I don't let arrogant software developers get under my skin.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Real apologies for wrongly accusing you.

The UWP version of the Spotify app doesn't add anything to Windows startup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You might wanna try turning off the "Allow Spotify to be opened from the web" setting.

I didn't put  "Solution" on your post - you did. I just now removed it. Your so-called solution doesn't solve my problem. Spotify doesn't remember that setting for me or for the other people who were advised to use it.

I didn't put  "Solution" on my post - someone did. The solution thing is kind of stupid tbh as anyone can select any post as a solution.

I gave you an option that has worked for me on at least 4 different machines at home and at work, that's it, no need to get hostile ... keep spotify uninstalled for all I care.

Marked as solution

Real apologies for wrongly accusing you.

The UWP version of the Spotify app doesn't add anything to Windows startup.

Suggested posts