Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create Similar Playlist + Recommended Songs - have these been discontinued?

Create Similar Playlist + Recommended Songs - have these been discontinued?

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

Asus Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

When I first signed up to spotify, underneath each playlist there would be curated suggestions based on the songs in that playlist. Great! I signed up for spotify to find out about new music.

However, this soon dissapeared, never to be seen again. I have also heard of a feature called 'Create Similar Playlist' but when I right click on the playlist there is no such feature.

Is this because I am using the web app? Is it because I have a free account?

I have found plenty of people having issues with these features on the forum, but none of them have a solution that works with me.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @amIaluddite.

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Right now, these features aren't available on the web player. However, the desktop app still allows you to do both of these with playlists you've created regardless of the subscription type.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Please, why have they been removed? They were definitely on here before.

I don't understand why the web app has been crippled so much, given that a large number of people are like me in that we can't download the desktop version (I am on chrome). There are so many basic features missing.

I would really like to upgrade to a premium subscription in some ways, but when the UI is so infuriating and limited it makes me not want to, almost as a point of principle.

We understand.

We don't have any info about these changes on the web player at the moment, but we'll pass your feedback on to the right team about it.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts