Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily mixes in the web player are fading out

Solved!

Daily mixes in the web player are fading out

Hi,

on my Premium plan (I'm from Romania) I was happy to fin my daily mixes available also in the Web Player also. But ... playlist is faded out at the bottom of the page, so as at the very bottom nothing is visible anymore.

The first around 12 songs starting from the top are normal, the next around 6 or so are partial visible (but still descifrable) but the rest are not readable at all.

Playing song from the songs that are visible works OK, and even when it reaches the zone where you cannot read anymore, the play is OK, song is playing. It's just annoying not to be able to see the song title + artist a.s.o.

I'm using a Chrome browser, in a Linux system (Opensuse if this matters).

The same happens in a Firefox browser.

Is this something known to the community ?
Or I should expect something strange in my configuration that can be treated ?

Does anyone else experience this behavior ?

Hopefully, the image capture below would give a better clue about what I try to ask:

Screenshot_20180926_160543.png

Daily mixes work very well in the desktop client/app (the Linux edition, of course), and the same in my phone app (by the way, daily mixes from the web player differ from those I see in the desktop app and/or the phone app: to be more explicit, the names of the daily mixes are the same, the artists that appear in eah are pretty much the same, and/or the same genre, but the order of the songs in each one differ in the web  player variants).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @corneld,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this and clarifying further.

We've checked things on our end and we can see that upon reaching the last grayed out song the web player keeps playing songs. However, you should still be able to view the details of the current song on the play bar, including the heart/ban icons, even if the visible songs are exhausted.

If not, we'd recommend giving it a try in an incognito or private window and seeing if the same occurs. If not, you can try clearing the cache and cookies memory of your browser.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @corneld,

This is what's currently expected of the Web Player. The app should also have this fading attribute, but you have more options to handle your Daily Mixes there. 

Since Daily Mix is a flexible playlist, it's not meant to be a complete playlist, but instead more like a radio playlist which can go on indefinitely. 

Hope that explains things, and let us know if there are any other questions 🙂

Thanks, Jemi.

I was a bit scared when a read your statement about the desktop app behaving the same.

Especially when I saw a few seconds ago that, indeed, at the bottom of the page (in the desktop app) playlist starts to fade away.

But .... at the same time i have this line at the botto, that says "More songs load as you llisten".

And, indeed, when my listening position reaches the songs at the bottom, the system gathers new songs coresponding to the mix "theme" and they start to appear onwards the current playing one (actually, current position in the list moves above at the top of the window and the new gathered songs are listed continually until a new "milestone" with a new message "More songs load as you listen") and so on with no end.

Which is nice, and I am used to this behavior.

What does the web app lacks is this refresh of the list of songs after I reach the bottom !

And it stays faded from this point on, and never gets the current song in the list !

From this step forward, it continues to stay completely faded and I only can see the playing song on the bottom, in the playing part, (where the controls for pause/play/skip are located).

No info about the song (album), nore the needed small buttons for "loving" the song, add it to some playlist, no drop-down list of options with such as "go to album", "go to artist" ,  since the 3-dots button is no longer available due to the song being hidded at the dark part of the bottom of the screen.

I wonder:  can this be changed for the web app, so as it behaves the same as the desktop app ?

Marked as solution

Hey there @corneld,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this and clarifying further.

We've checked things on our end and we can see that upon reaching the last grayed out song the web player keeps playing songs. However, you should still be able to view the details of the current song on the play bar, including the heart/ban icons, even if the visible songs are exhausted.

If not, we'd recommend giving it a try in an incognito or private window and seeing if the same occurs. If not, you can try clearing the cache and cookies memory of your browser.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator

Plan: Premium

Device

Google Chrome (both normal and Incognito)

Operating System

Windows 7.

My Question or Issue:

Web player is not allowing me to play my daily mixes, this has been going on for some time now, I shouldn't have to start it and manage it from my phone, and the desktop app gets blocked by our firewall. so I have to play it via the web page and it's not working.

The playlists are greyed out, they don't continue and I can't select any song in the list to play and if you hit the play button it seems to only play tracks I've downloaded previously.

I've cleared my cache and temp internet files, I just want to listen to the music.

Sort it out Spotify, this is not the service I'm paying for!!

Home.png
Mix.png
Mix2.png

Hey there @Magicmerly,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to pick your Daily Mixes tracks at the moment while using the Web Player. But, we've let the right folks know who will be looking into this and hopefully we'll be able to change this in the future.

Have a nice day.

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts