Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon 2113 AVR Playlists will not load

Solved!

Denon 2113 AVR Playlists will not load

For the last week or so my playlists will not load. When I enter the playlists sometimes after 3-4 minutes they will finally be loaded. Most of the time I need to switch off the AVR from power to get it active again (otherwise it gets stuck in search or playlists and will not react to any remote commands). Any help will be much appreciated but it seems it is not Denon playing tricks on me by Spotify has some issues (see some other subscribers complaining their playlists will not download either). 

90 Replies

I've had exactly the same problem with playlists (freezing spotify or showing Empty) for last couple of days. Today I checked again and it was just fine - playlists load in a matter of second(s).
Weird... but either way it looks more like sth with Spotify's API than with Denon's firmware..

Maybe factory reset on Ceol could help. You have to press two volume buttons simultaneously and then plug in a power cord. After releasing buttons you'll see 'Initializing' on the screen. Wait about 90 seconds for it to complete. (Beware, you'll loose all settings). I did that yesterday and it didn't help with playlists 😄 ... but who knows what is going on..

My playlist on x4000 still needs 30 sec. to load. Thats to long....

its not solved, it needs still 30 seconds!

Hi All,

So this has been gonig on for me for weeks. I've reported to Denon three times. They told me no one else was reporting an issue each time. This happened once about 6 months ago, but it miraculously started working again.

Right now, search, "what's new" and starred are fine for me. The problem is playlists. They were taking upwards of 5 minutes to come up. As of this Satruday they began coming at 30 seconds (still too long in my opinion). 

I have reset box, I have made sure latest firmware upgrade is on box. I have tried Sportiy's test account. 

Please fix this. 

It is not fixed. Mine are still taking upwards of 30 second to show my playlists. It use to be immediate. This is an improvment over waiting 4-5 minutes, but not fixed. 

Spotify, please help. 

It is not fixed for me. Mine are still taking upwards of 30 second to show my playlists. It use to be immediate. This is an improvment over waiting 4-5 minutes, but not fixed. 

Spotify, please help. 

Dear All,

I am afraid Spotify does not follow any threads here and our complaints will not be heard unless made directy to Spotify.

It seems they don't follow these threads which is a bit pathetic. However I have reported it directly to them and sent them links to threads about this issue. So they have no excuse not to be aware of the issue.

I should add, that whille the Playlists do load for me now, it is not quick, maybe 20 seconds or so, as others have reported. 

I made no real adjustments my side.

Mine download as they should. Something must have been done by Spotify to rectify the glitch. Hope it is for good now.

any news about this problem ?

it is still there on:

"playlist"

"whats new"

Negative. All works fine and seamlessly now. When I enter Spotify for a second there is a command "Loading Playlists" and only then will Spotify open to What's New. When I scroll to Playlists and enter they are there within a split of a second - all as they should be.

My playlists still take 30 seconds to load. Better than 5 minutes, but still not resolved. I never had a problem with what's new.

My playlists still take 30 seconds to load. Better than 5 minutes, but still not resolved. I never had a problem with what's new.

I have the same problem, my playlist takes 30sec to load even if it includes only one song. My home automation relays on denon avr and total time needed to start track in Spotify >40sec is not acceptable. I own Denon X4000. Spotify, please fix it!

After two weeks of seamless operations my Spotify playlists on Denon will upload for c. 30 seconds again. Spotify must have changed something but this this time with a negative impact....

I have gone through the same issues as everyone else on this thread, except now Spotify playlists are not working again. I have an LG all in one home theatre system and a Marantz SR5007, neither of these devices will load any play lists. I have completely resset these devices to factory and gone through the pain of setting everything up again with no change. The fact that both of these devices from different manufacturers have this issue tells me it has nothing to do with the manufacturers and is a Spotify issue.

Any ideas on what to try next? 

Please contact Spotify customer support centre directly. Only by doing this and starting this thread here (which I then used to support my complaint to Spotify to evidence I was not an isolated case) was I able to draw their serious attention to the problem. Be prepared and patient though as first you will get a number of random tips and recommendations from Spotify which will take you nowhere near fixing the issue and will be irritating.

regards,

Daniel

Please contact Spotify customer support centre directly. Only by doing this and starting this thread here (which I then used to support my complaint to Spotify to evidence I was not an isolated case) was I able to draw their serious attention to the problem. Be prepared and patient though as first you will get a number of random tips and recommendations from Spotify which will take you nowhere near fixing the issue and will be irritating.

regards,

Daniel

Thanks I will.

I have Denon X4000 and have been using Spotify with no problems for over 2 years  until this weekend. Out of no where none of my playlists or load either. Just states "empty."

All other Network features - Pandora, HD Radio, Internet Radio, etc. work fine. This is a Spotify issue and it's ridiculous that they offer ZERO help to paying customers!

Suggested posts