Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR X-1000 bad integration with spotify

Solved!

Denon AVR X-1000 bad integration with spotify

I have issues with spotify using a Denon AVR X-1000. The receiver works flawlessly with everything except spotify. I can (usually) enter spotify through my tv remote (or Ipad/Iphone). However, once i go and try to play a song it just gets stuck loading, loses signal, tries to reconnect and eventually winds up back to the network page or in a repeating loop. On lucky moments I can get about 30 seconds of play before the same thing happens. Sometimes it completely loses signal and I have to power on and off. This only happens once I try to play a song (the app in general works very poorly on my receiver). Other applications such as internetradio and the likes work without any issues.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Denon Support found a solution for this problem:

You should not have playlists with more than about 700 songs per playlist because this causes the crashes.

I splittet my larger playlists in separate lists with less than 700 songs - and now everything works fine!

Thanx for your help in this forum and great support DENON!!!!

I hope this info helps other Denon oder Marantz owners with the same problem.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Have you also got in touch with Denon support? 

In general with hardware devices, the manufacturers support are far superior to anything we can dream up here on the Spotify community. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's probably a good idea with a new Denon reciever should make sure firmware is updated. Automatic firmware update is "on" by default. But availability of new firmware can also be checked in the setup menu.

Of course the reciever has to be net connected.

I have no problem with Spotify app on my X1000, but I mostly stream it to the Denon over airplay.

Same problem with my spotify account on a Denon AVRX1000 - receiver reboots after spotify login. Please help!

Firmware updated and already got a second receiver having the same problem.

Seems to be a problem with my account. My older Onkyo 818 Receiver works flawless with my spotify account.

Marked as solution

Denon Support found a solution for this problem:

You should not have playlists with more than about 700 songs per playlist because this causes the crashes.

I splittet my larger playlists in separate lists with less than 700 songs - and now everything works fine!

Thanx for your help in this forum and great support DENON!!!!

I hope this info helps other Denon oder Marantz owners with the same problem.

Thanx 1121796541

your post was my rescue. Yet i had the problem already with a playlist containing "only" 540 songs. After splitting this list, spotify works just fine on my Denon AVR-X1000

I have the same problem! but it does not matter wich playlist I start. I tried playlists with less than 10 songs... don't know why this problem is NOW happening. All worked fine for 3 month!

Is there another solution than yours?

I tried reinstalling spotify on my mobile phone. It worked for one or two songs than crash again.

edit: I own the X1100 if it matters...

it worked fine ever since whether on my mobile or on my denon - sorry can't help

The same problem for me. Denon connect worked fine for years from PC or android. Now it connect but no song! Denon plays internet radio and oders sources. PC and android plays Spotfy on google cast. Only Denon & spotify don't work

Hi,

So it's very clear, after 3 years we are left with nothing.

Spotify broke the orignal connection and 'Does not want to support a Standard

""Hey folks, we still don't have plans to implement DLNA support in Spotify."

Denon won't upgrade it's firmware.

Conclusion:  Denon and Spotify on the Blacklist when I buy my next hardware and streaming subscription.  #Fail

Suggested posts