Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

Switching DHCP off allowed the receiver to show up under my available devices as well! Thank you!

No problem, glad I could help!

Any other suggestions? My Denon AVR-X1100W does not show up on the spotify connect list, manipulating network connection does not help 😕

@Ukasz wrote:

Any other suggestions? My Denon AVR-X1100W does not show up on the spotify connect list, manipulating network connection does not help 😕

What have you already tried?

I tried reseting the AVR and switching DHCP off. Pluging in the LAN cable is not an option.

I also tried contacting Spotify Support but the reply was basically to look up the forums 🙂

And yes - I do have a Premium account, plus all other wifi features of the AVR like online radio and streaming from Windows Media Player work.

Im having a similar issue at the moment.

My AVR (Denon AVR X2100W) is recognized by Spotify but as soon as i start streaming to it the connection of my AVR drops and no track is ever played. It was working properly some days ago resetting the Receiver / Spotify app doesnt help.

(If some dev is coming by i can provide a wireshark dump of the packet communication it appears to look valid sadly i cant compare.)

Kind regards

Martin

Kind regards
MartinB

Liked the post ? - Give me a Kudo.
Fixed your problem ? - Accept my post as Solution.

Same model, same problem since today!

Update: Now its working fine. The AVR starts playing music from standby.

I can confirm the above it seems to be working besides that the receiver cant get past the Spotify message 😞

Edit: nvm it works now disconnected it from power and then started again.

Kind regards
MartinB

Liked the post ? - Give me a Kudo.
Fixed your problem ? - Accept my post as Solution.

@Ukasz wrote:

I tried reseting the AVR and switching DHCP off. Pluging in the LAN cable is not an option.

I also tried contacting Spotify Support but the reply was basically to look up the forums 🙂

And yes - I do have a Premium account, plus all other wifi features of the AVR like online radio and streaming from Windows Media Player work.

Has it ever worked? In my case the problem seemed to have been a hardware issue, I had to send it in for repairs because whatever I tried, it just wouldn't show up. Having said that, here's what you could try:

- Network Reset (Turn on the receiver, change to "Online Music", at the unit press both the right arrow button and the DIMMER button)

- A complete factory reset (However this means losing any setting you may have made, also Audyssey Settings are lost)

- Open the Spotify App, go to Settings and choose the second to last option to clear your app cache

- Sign up for a completely new Spotify account and go for a free new Premium trial, this has been reported to help from time to time

If I were you, I'd also try to make plugging in the LAN cable an option, and do not use a switch - any switch or router you use needs to support "Multicasts", you can use Google to find out if your router is Multicast-enabled.

And allow me to just state my frustration with DENON one more time. It's ridiculous that the whole "Spotify Connect" feature simply isn't working properly and they do very little to help people troubleshoot the issue.

Gerald83 you hero thanks mate sorted it instantly

I found that the Picalo CEOL unit has its own Spotify APP which you work from the iPad but then you might just as well use the full app and drive the DENON via air play - works just as well and the iPad Spotify App is far better than the spotify section of the DENON app for iPad. There are other devices that insist on using thier own apps for spotify. TiVo (Virgin Media) is one of them and that one is infuritating since it sounds very nice but can't remember the user name or paswword! Or I haven't spotted how to get it to do that yet!!!

HOWEVER I have discovered this really useful feature for iMac users. Under the system preferences that iMac Sound control is able to see air play enabled devices and so choosing one of these allows spotify to play to my Denon, Maranze or Pioneer device as if it was iTunes. Sounds pretty good to me at the moment.

Try opening up the spotify app on the iPhone.    Then play a song.    Look way at the bottom of the app there is up arrow with a square around it.   Click this and select Denon AVR-X2100W or your model.   Only way I could get it to work.

Hi all,

after having access to Spotify connect on my Denon X4100 for the last few months (took one day to establish it, needing all the help from this thread...) I now have a new issue. The Denon shows up in both the client on my Windows box and on Android 4.4, but when I triy to connect, nothing happens. Well, nothing is not the right word. In the Windows client, the Denon DISAPPEARS from the list for a short time while the client seems to try a connection. After that, the music still plays on the Windows box, the Denon reappears but if I try to connect, same story. On the Android, the Denon has a line under it saying "Available on the network", this was not there some days before and does not appear under the other clients (i.e. Windows). When I try to connect it says "establishing connection" for a short time, then falls back, listing the Denon again as "available" and still playing on the Tab. Right now I am playing the music via Blutooth connection from the Android tab, but this is not what I want (and bought and payed for!). I already tried to switch to WiFi and back to LAN, no success. Does anyone have an idea?

kind regards, Christian

I came a cross the same problem. Connect wouldnt work with my Denon from one moment to the next. Just out of the blue. Tried a couple of things that didnt work. Finally tried to unplug and replug the power cable. This seems to reset some of the functions I think. It worked!

Not too satisfied with my Denon so far I must say. Ive just owned it for a few months and already had it sent back because of a faulty display. Took a month before it came back. And this is just one of a few other problems Ive expierenced so far. Such a pity.

Anyway I hope the unplugging helps for other people.

The same problem here.

I listen with connect for few months,  and In day 16/08/15 stop play. 

I try other router,  cable power,  disable dhcp,  connection wired,  wifi... 

Nothing resolved. 

Please help me. 

Same here with AVR-X1100W.

It was all fine then today it just dropped connection.

Tried reset, unplugging the AVR, restart, reinstall on the PC, no luck.

I can see the device in Spotify, it starts playing for like 3-5 sec after I click it on connect, then it drops out.

Also everything is wired through the same switch, and internet radio works fine.

Here the same.

My Denon x2100w is listed and avaliable on connect but....
Nothing, not connect.
Im waiting update from Spotify or Denon, only after update this is
resolved.
The problem is not router, not internet, not connection.
The problem is update on SpoTify service and denon app without update.

While is not working, my money is going.....

Denon X1100W checking in here to report the same problem. Been using spotify connect for months and today it just stopped working.

Same here just happened !
Do you guys have update the Spotify app or software ?
Really wondering why it was working till then and suddenly stopped....
I did tried all the tricks on the topic but none worked..

Spotify please sort this !!!

Suggested posts