Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

Same problem here on my Marantz SR6009,  The Netherlands. Please fix this soon

The start of the recent problems seem to coincide with the release of the latest Spotify version 1.0.12. As far as I understand it was released on Thursday last week... I observed the problems on Friday when I tried to connect...

try to ping 85.18.200.200 and 89.97.140.140 . If they works try to use them as Dns primary and secondary servers

Red5

Changing the DNS server didn't help.

I am having the same issue with Marantz SR7009. Went to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S5. Device is shown when selecting connect. Receiver connects and shows the GUI of Spotify sometimes. Then when I press play TV screen goes black then says Assigning Network. Then goes back to Online Music Input showing Pandora etc.(which works). Tried using my iPad with no luck, but airplay works. Purchased new router no fix. Uninstalled app from phone and then reinstalled. Started working for one song no issues. Switched songs then same issue occured.

Hi ArildR,

Where/how were you contacted by Spotify?

(just curious and wondering if we all should do the same to formally escalate the issue to the company...)

Thanks,

This sounds exactly like my issue - purchased the Denon X1100w last week, worked fine until Saturday morning and now the same issue as below - screen goes black, "Assigning Network" message, then back to Online Music menu.  I tried it today (after leaving off for 10 hours), played one song and then got the same error when I switched songs. 

From last saterday I face the same problems with Spotify and my Denon X2100W receiver.... It drops after 2 seconds....re-assigning to the network and again and again...very painfull... Please help us out as soon as possible, I already double checked all items in router and also re-installed my Denon software, but still the same issue... Please help us out Spotify. I know there was a Spotify update last week, in The Netherlands, maybe something did not work out well in this update?

Regards Eelco Elshout

Dear Peter,

With my Denon X2100W receiver I have been connected through cable, for the best quality of sound (of course).

Regards Eelco Elshout

@Peter wrote:
Are they both connected to the network wirelessly?

I need to tell you I am using Anroid together with wired internet connection through Denon X2100W

Spotify Connect doesn't work for 3 days now. My setup:

Denon AVR-X2100W, firmware 3600-5461-6660

Spotify 3.7.0.1100 on IOS 8.4.1 (iPhone 6)

Spotify 1.0.12.161.g64b0797c on OS X 10.10.4 (Mac Book Pro)

Network setup is ok - I can play Internet Radio and AirPlay works.

Spotify people - can you post something in this thread?

Any updates, reasons, workarounds?

Hi betocorrea, I sent a direct message to the Spotify Support on Twitter. (@SpotifyCares)

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

Hi,
Do you know, how can I check firmware version in DENON CEOL N9?

Hi, elnowako

I do not know the Denon Ceol N9, but I suppose you can find the firmwareversion if you go to setup - general - firmware.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

Same problem here

With Denon AVR-X2100W, spotify premium... Cable, no wireless.

I send two messages to the technical service via the form .

For the moment nothing.

No new Spotify .

4 days without a single message from Spotify it is long.

all users of Denon and Maranz victim are of the same bug. Were there any after sales services ?

This feature really top , that is the reason I have subscribed spotify premiun .
I would like to sincerely just give a sign of life .

No problem with Fastweb italy owm dns and huge issue with opendns and norton dns. unfortunately those dns server provided by fastweb italy are not reacheable outside that network.

I'll try to get more information using wireshark and firtz!box capture package feature, comparing these different setups.

Red5

Quote:

I send two messages to the technical service via the form .

For the moment nothing.

No new Spotify .

4 days without a single message from Spotify it is long.

all users of Denon and Maranz victim are of the same bug. Were there any after sales services ?

This feature really top , that is the reason I have subscribed spotify premiun .
I would like to sincerely just give a sign of life .

Did also contact through Twitter. Only they would like to know was Firmware Denon and Version of Android Client.

Will answer them this afternoon......

Unfortunate not a reply that they aknowledge the issue and working on it.......

I will not open a twitter account for a Spotify incident.

Same here, Spotify Connect suddenly stopped working on my Denon AVR-X2100W, a few days ago. All the things I tried/read so far show that the problem definitely comes from Spotify.

I only got my premium subscription to use this high-quality connect feature, just like many of you. Pretty sure Spotify will wake up soon and fix this (big) problem, they are usually reactive at fixing bugs, although I must say I'm a bit disapointed this time.

All my hope from France.

Suggested posts