Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X3100W suddenly unable to connect to Spotify

Solved!

Denon AVR-X3100W suddenly unable to connect to Spotify

Hi.

Since yesterday my Spotify Connect does not work on the Denon. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

edbbsyddk

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We are aware of an issue with Spotify Connect and are currently working with Spotify on a resolution.  In the interim, please use Bluetooth or Airplay if you have an iOS device to stream Spotify to your receiver.  Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Technical Support/Custom Install
D+M Group

=================

Reply from Spotify:

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear you're having problems with Spotify Connect.

This appears to be an issue for several people and is currently being looked into by our technical team. Apologies for any inconvenience but we hope to get this sorted soon.

So we can investigate further could you let us know the following:

- The firmware version on your Denon receiver
- The operating system of the device you are using Connect with
- The Spotify version on the device you are using Connect with

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe | Executive Team

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it athttps://support.spotify.com

View solution in original post

40 Replies

Hi,

I have this same issue with my Denon AVR-X2100W. Haven't used Spotify Connect on it for couple days but today I'm unable to play anything.

Hi,

I have Denon AVR X2100W and it worked perfectly almost one year ago - now I have the same issue as above - since yesterday I can play spotify only via AirPlay from my iPhone, but Denon is not taking over streaming from Spotify anymore... I made upgrade of firmware using USB stick, reset to factory setting, ran setup from scratch, but same problem

Any suggestion is this Denon's issue or Spotify and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

@edbbsyddk wrote:

Hi.

Since yesterday my Spotify Connect does not work on the Denon. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

edbbsyddk

Hi,

I have same problem with Marantz 5009 since today. While Marantz App is running (Internet radio etc.), no connection with Spotify Connect, i.e. 2-3 seconds,
than connection is lost.

Same here, x3100 and connection is lost after 1-2 sec (AVR network reset) Today.  However two or threetimes i managed to hear like one whole song... i took premium only to have Spotify connect and it is not working 😞 . tried: WIFI, Ethernet connection, Android and PC app.

help...

Same issue as of yesterday. 

Denon AVR-X100W
iPhone 6, iPhone 5C, MacBook Pro

All devices worked perfectly with receiver and Spotify Connect before yesterday. Sometimes I manage to connect for a few seconds then it's lost. Still able to airplay Spotify to receiver.. 

Same problem!

Denon Denon Ceol rcd-n9.

I've found on Denon site something about this issue: http://denon-eu.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3986

21/8/2015: RESOLVED: Network music playback stops after 10 seconds

In the time from the 18th to the 20th of August, selected units stopped playback during USB, favorite and media server playback after 10 seconds. This occurred due to an erroneous response to a standardised server request. We fixed this issue in the morning of the 21st August and you should once again be able to fully enjoy music from all network sources. We apologise for any inconvenience this caused to you.

Sounds like the issue but unfortunately it's still not working for me

Am using Marantz SR5009, and also having the same annoying problem!

Plays for 1-2 seconds then it freezes! Connection will drop instantly - doesnt matter if connected via wifi or wire it is the same outcome.

Worth noting Internet Radio works perfectly fine via the Marantz, so it isnt a network/Internet Router issue. argh!

Help!

Hello, same problem here on Marantz SR7009.

I start playing a song on Spotify, get sound for like 2sec, then I get "No network"-error.

Then the AVR is trying to "connect to network" then "assigning network" and then nothing happen. 

If I try to play another song the same routine goes on again and again.

Wifi is working fine with other devices, InternetRadio is working fine.

Tried Ethernetcable too, but no success.

Please check this out and hopefully come up with an solution, thanks.

Best regards

Arild

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

I'm having the same issue with both my X3100W and X4100W Denon receivers.

I have Denon Ceol N9.

I have the same issue........stops after 2 to 3 seconds when I try and connect from my tablet.

It also seems to impact the network configuration on the N9 after it happens, as I cant listen to internet station.

Only way to rectify access to the network is to plug it out and back in.

I see the message on the Denon site about an issue on August 18th-21st.

They say it is resolved, but it is certainly not for me.

I spent most of the afternoon trying to find a 'fix' for  it until I stumbled upon this post  !

Spotify has given up their support...

This is the reply I just got...

I do not care if it is Spotify or Denon that is to blame... I am a paying customer to both... One will se my subscription being canceled and one will need to take equipment in return...

=============

Hello,

Thanks a lot for getting back with us. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue with your Denon.

Have you tried resolving the issue directly with Denon? because your account seems fine and we've tried everything so far.

Here are some useful links if you want to check them out:

Let us know how it goes. If something comes up, send us a message back and we'll be happy to help you.

Have a good day!

Mike

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it at https://support.spotify.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005711DooX:ref

This is NOT an acceptable answer from Spotify.

Atleast in my case everything is working just fine, EXCEPT Spotify!

This is absolutely not a case for the manufacturer of the AVR but Spotify!

That reply from Spotify is just a typical blame-anyone-else-when-we-are-not-able-to-find-a-solution-reply.

I just can't understand how a big company as Spotify can reply like that, it is just totally lack of customerservice.

Didn't they have a similar problem just a week or so ago too?

Another thing, I installed Apple Music yesterday to test.

It worked very well, no problems at all.

IF the AVR is the problem why does it work with all other network-related apps except Spotify?

Same problem here since a day or two... Denon AVR-X1100W. Internet connection is OK. Spotify for a couple of seconds, then 'network error'.
Hope Spotify will solve this problem ASAP!

I have got this message from Spotify:

"Our tech folks are investigating this as we speak. In the meantime, can you let us what Denon device and firmware version you're currently using?"

I have replied that my device is Marantz SR7009 and which firmware version.

Got this reply:

"Thanks! Can you also let us know the device you're streaming from, and the Spotify version you're using on it?"

I replied with this:

"I have tested stationary PC, Macbook Air, Huawei Honor 6 mobile, iPad. Same issue on all devices.

Spotifyversion on PC = 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b

iPAD = 3.7.0.1100

Android Mobile = 3.4.0.764

Macbook Air = 1.0.11.134.ga37df67b"

Then got this message:

"We'll share this info with our tech folks. They'll continue to work and hopefully have it fixed soon!"

Same here. Marantz NR1605 receiver. Internet Radio works fine, so must be a Spotify problem. Spotify, please help!!!

Same here....

Denon AVR-X1100W Receiver:

Internet Radio: ok

AirPlay: ok

Spotify Connect: Stops after 3 Sec

Tried it from an iPhone 5 and an iPad Mini an my PC (Windows) all got the same error (stops after 3 secs).

It looks like the Denon is reseting his network interface, due to this error.

Suggested posts