Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon/Android smartphone randomly starts playing

Denon/Android smartphone randomly starts playing

Hello.

For quite some time already I am having issues with my Spotify. From time to time (even though the app is closed) Spotify will randomly open itself on my S7 Edge and start playing music. The whole app will not open but it uses this let's call it overlay/widget on my screen (the one that shows up when your phone is locked).

What is more, today something else happened for the first time. My Spotify account is connected to Denon AVR. Today at 5 AM the AVR turned itself on (no idea how; I am positive it was off) and started playing random Spotify music (not even my playlists) so loud that the whole building woke up. It almost gave me a heart attack.

This is very annoying. I was able to let it slide when it happened only on my phone but this Denon thing now is too much. I could really use some help, otherwise I will be forced to start using some other streaming service. Cheers.

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Denon AVR-X2400H / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

2 Replies

Ok so I just came back home from the gym. I had my phone on me and when I entered the house, Denon turned itself on and switched to Spotify. It did not play any music but I suppose it would randomly wake me up at 5 AM again.

What is going on? This really irritates me.

My AVR randomly started playing again... 

However after a few seconds it stopped playing. I grabbed my phone and I got this device box saying that music is being played on Huawei Y5 (I have no idea what phone is that).

Does that mean that my account got hacked and someone kept turning on my AVR/Spotify?

Even if that is the case, how on earth can someone from China or Russia probably turn on my AVR if he is not connected to my WiFi? This is ridiculous.

Suggested posts