Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Browse] Don't intrusively advertise/promote features/deals (like Duo) in the application.

[Desktop][Browse] Don't intrusively advertise/promote features/deals (like Duo) in the application.

I use spotify on various platforms, using the same account. By now I feel like I had to suspend the Duo promotion twice on each platform now. It's getting bothersome.

Now; I get that a lot of people may want this, including paying customers. So I can understand I get to see the message once. Maybe twice if my confirmation some how missing; but 6 times really getting to my nerves now.

But really; there's a proper medium for promotions and advertisement, namely mailing lists. Please stop promoting Duo (or anything else, for that matter) in the app. I am a paying customer, and I pay because I don't want advertisement; that includes your own services. I just want the music.

4 Replies

Hey @Zoonvanjohan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We moved your post to a relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Dismissing these pop-ups in one device doesn't affect the others, so it's expected that they may appear in other devices where you use the app. However, these pop-ups should only appear once.

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

"We moved your post to a relevant Help board, where it fits better."
I don't need help. I need Spotify to understand I don't appreciate advertisement when I'm a paying customer. So I'm merely speaking out my discontent. I doubt the help-section will give that. But by all means, put it there if that the best way to leave feedback.

"Dismissing these pop-ups in one device doesn't affect the others."
I'm logged in with my account, Spotify should be able to track if it showed the advertisement already for that account, regardless which platform it is on. If it isn't like that, then consider this post a feature-request to change it. 
Of course; if the apps don't show any advertisement for paying customers, then there's also no need for tracking, regardless if it's account based or device based.

Hey @Zoonvanjohan,

Thanks for you reply.

Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the listening experience for Premium users, and those product offers should only appear once when you first open the app. However, we appreciate your feedback on this matter and we'll make sure to pass it on the to right folks.

For anything else you need, the Community is one post away.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

"Spotify doesn't play ads that interrupt the listening experience for Premium users"
I know that, but that's not the point. Ads are ads, and I don't appreciate any kind of ads. I'm paying because it should take away the ads. And now the ads are in my face regardless. I see them, and I need to perform additional action to take them away.

That's not an experience I want. Since my previous post, another batch of "deal ends in X time" adverts about Duo came in. I have now cancelled my Spotify premium subscription and moved to a competing service. I guess that's another way to solve the issue.

Suggested posts