Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Friend Feed] Suddenly only the activity of a few friends are showing

[Desktop][Friend Feed] Suddenly only the activity of a few friends are showing

Up until recently, the listening activity for a number of friends was shown, but suddenly only three of their profiles started to show their activity. It doesn't give me an error, and I have checked with my other friends' settings to see if their listening activity was on or off (of which they were on/public). I have tried reinstalling the application, logging in and out, and toggling settings to try and get my other friends' activities to show as they had before. Is there a way to solve this problem?

2 Replies

happens to me as well 

dozens of people have reported it

Why does spotify ignores it?

Mac os, Desktop app

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out. We've moved your post to this help board because it doesn't qualify as an idea. 

The behavior you're describing is currently expected, this is due to some changes that were made in the listening activity settings on all accounts. The default setting was set to off, this means that those who had it on before without explicitly setting it on, now have it switched off. This would explain why your feed hasn't been updated in days.

In this case, please ask your friends to turn this option on in their settings if they want to share their listening activity.

MafeG_0-1640465490940.png

Let us know if you have any questions.
MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts