Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Discord status only changing when music is playing from the web player

[Desktop][Other] Discord status only changing when music is playing from the web player

So I've been having issues getting my Spotify status message (the status Spotify gives you on Discord that shows what you are listening to).

While only using the Spotify Web Player the message shows, but not when I use the Desktop app. I have seen a bunch of solutions that just don't work. They tell me to remove and add this and remove and add that. But none of that works.

I would love someone to help me with. Thank you!

1 Reply

Hey there @NightLxR,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

As a first troubleshooting step, a clean reinstall of both applications (Spotify and Discord) could be very helpful, as this ensures that both apps will be running on their latest supported versions.

Other users in the Community seem to have experienced similar issues like yours in the past as well. There's a nice solution provided on this thread which you can check out. The suggestion is that you have to enable Spotify under 'Game Activity' in your Discord. So after you've connected the accounts, Spotify must be also listed in your "Added Games" to correctly reflect your listening behavior as your status.

Keep us posted and let us know if this helped. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts