Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Lyric button must be beside each song title instead of near the volume slider

[Desktop][Other] Lyric button must be beside each song title instead of near the volume slider

Deezer is doing just this, which is how I knew that the audio streaming site displays song lyrics.  However, I preferred to dance or jam to them on musical instruments, and their lyric source is LyricFind.

It is said that July of 2020 is when Spotify got their lyrics from Musixmatch, but when I use it on desktop, I had no idea the program shows words to songs because the lyric button (the one with a drawing of a mic) is on the bar where the player controls are.  Another reason I want that button to be beside each song title is so that I will know which tracks have lyrics to show even without playing them.  This is just like Musixmatch: a plus sign in a circle next to a song's title means the lyrics have yet to be added.  Since users can display the full lyrics, scroll manually, and click a line to start playing the song from there, the lyric button can display a song's words even if they don't want to play the audio!

1 Reply

Hey @thristan,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to share with you that when you select a song, and you don't see the Lyrics button, it means that song doesn't have lyrics available. 

On another note, we located this idea, and we think you can add your vote to it in the thumbs up icon. We think this is a great suggestion, since it'll help users in general to tell the difference between songs with/without lyrics.

Lastly, we'd like to share with you our Idea Exchange Guidelines. When you post an idea, it's important to make sure it's clear, since we need as many details as possible on what you'd like to be implemented on the app. It’s also easier for us to share updates and talk to the right teams at Spotify when having detailed info. Ideas without enough relevant details will be closed.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts