Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Dislike feature not doing anything

[Desktop][Playlists] Dislike feature not doing anything

I noticed that no matter how much I dislike a song/artist, they somehow still reappear on my Release Radar/Discover Weekly. I heard that this is a result of not having much diversity/sample size for artists, but I feel like this isn't true. Is anyone else getting the same problem? If the songs are needed to fill a playlist, why not just fill it with recently played/frequently listened to songs? Or just leave the playlists partially filled?

6 Replies

I was also thinking for songs with multiple artists, it would be nice to be able to select dislike for any of the artists.
I like Wild Child, but I keep getting songs from a different Wild Child ( often with ALIENMAN ).
So if I could dislike ALIENMAN that might solve my problem.

Derek31_0-1636133407183.png

I agree with you, that would be helpful for me as well!

Wish I could "dislike" a song while playing a "radio" station.  I can heart it, but not dislike it... why?  I am a premium member for years and wish I could dislike songs so they would be removed from future listens.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

@aweo, we moved your post to a relevant Help board, as it doesn't qualify as an idea.

Songs/artists you dislike in your Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists shouldn't reappear, but as you mentioned, this also depends on your listening habits and history and how varied the music you listen to is. We suggest to keep listening to your favorite music and following the recommendations in this article to improve your personalized playlists.

@Derek31, that sounds like a good idea. We suggest adding it to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

@Shanezt, we recommend adding your vote to this live idea about adding the dislike button to all the sections of the app.

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Doesn't really help. The 2-3 artists I am disliking every week for the past 4-5 weeks are still re-appearing even without listening to them or a similar music genre.

So this is clearly broken in some way or another for at least a month.

I do also see songs reappear in the Discover Weekly even tho I hit Dislike on them before.

Suggested posts