Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Podcasts] Bug: Pause point is not preserved

[Desktop][Podcasts] Bug: Pause point is not preserved

There has been a bug in the app for months now, where if you listen to a podcast episode, sometimes the point at which you pause the episode is not preserved between devices, or even when returning on the same device.  For example, if you pause 30 minutes in on a podcast on your phone, and switch to listen on your PC a day later, Spotify will not remember where you left off, and will restart the episode.

This isn't the only bug.  Spotify also will sometimes, completely randomly, switch episodes for the same podcast.  Example:  You are listening to episode 100, and during the middle of the episode, it will randomly swap to a completely different episode.  My assumption is that this is related to the script that runs to interrupt an episode with advertisements.  Instead of playing an ad, it will play a new episode.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Reply

Hi there @Nalopotato,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We've moved your post from the Idea board to our Help board.

Since we've tried this from our end without being able to replicate the behavior we'd like to gather some more information from you so that we can investigate this further.

Can you let us know if you get the same behavior if you'll use a different internet connection?

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you still have the same issue, can you let us know the exact devices and OS this occurs on?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts