Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Spotify app doesn't list Sonos Speaker, but Sonos App can play Spotify music on it

[Desktop] Spotify app doesn't list Sonos Speaker, but Sonos App can play Spotify music on it

I’ve recently changed my wifi router and updated all device connections which caused the following problem: Spotify app doesn't list Sonos Speaker, but Sonos App can play Spotify music on it with the exact same account. I can play songs through my Sonos app without any problem but the Spotify Mac desktop app (either the iOS app) don't list my Sonos One speaker in the Spotify Connect panel. I reinstalled the Spotify app on my phone, but before that, I deleted the Spotify service in the Sonos app and reconnected with my Spotify account through the web. Still no luck. One more addition: my new Alcatel router (LINKHUB LTE cat7) is using an unlimited 4g connection, I’m not sure if that’s a problem but this info probably helps in the troubleshooting process.

1 Reply

Yeah I am getting the same thing.  Happens on both iOS and Android.  

My Google play music app still works great casting to Sonos so I know it is not a network problem. 

Since they are getting rid of GPM by the end of the year I though I'd try Spotify but this is starting to seem like a busted app.  May have to just stick with YouTube music and hope they add the feature. 

Suggested posts