Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] fullscreen

[Desktop] fullscreen

Free users should have been given the fullscreen feature on Spotify desktop for free. It's such a waste fullscreen is only preserved for premium users. Fullscreen is a very, very useful feature for me, especially when I need to focus. It's such a shame that it's not available. I'm ok with every other Spotify feature that has been reserved only for premium users, but I don't know why fullscreen should be a part of it. It's just such a shame. I wish it's available for free users SOONER.

8 Replies

Hi @ihatepremium,

Thank you for posting in the Community. 

We've moved your post to this help board because full screen mode isn't a feature that's exclusive for Premium users. 

In order to better understand what's happening with your app, we'd like to make sure that you're using this button to access full screen in case you're playing music: 

Untitled.png

And this button in case you're playing podcasts. 

Untitled.png

If this is what you're doing, please let us know what happens when you try to activate the full screen, this way we can assist you better.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Podcasts fullscreen are a different story. I remember seeing the fullscreen button ONLY when starting the Spotify desktop app many months ago. The feature only works for one song, and it automatically disappears afterwards. And a few months later, I've never got to see it again.

Hi @ihatepremium,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nothing. Still, nothing changed. I used my sister's Spotify account on the computer and app I'm using. Still, nothing happened. But my sister said that she did have the fullscreen button. A few weeks ago I used an old computer and I've already changed my computer into a newer one. Like right now, the fullscreen button only appears when a video ad is playing. I really need help right now.

Just to let you know, I even downloaded the EXE. file straight from the Spotify site and it's the same.

Hey,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In case you're using the app from our website, could you try downloading it from the Microsoft store to see if anything changes?

You can also reinstall the app in safe mode. Does that make a difference?

If that doesn't help, could you share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator

Tried to run Spotify on safe mode with networking. And it ended up with this dialogue.

IMG_20211215_174716.jpg

Hey @ihatepremium,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand what you mean now and we apologize for any created confusion. We suggest you share your feedback on full screen for the free version on our Ideas Exchange board again. Just make sure your idea is clear (you can even attach some screenshots if you'd like) so that others can show their support and leave their own feedback.

Be sure to check our Idea Exchange Guidelines before posting.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts