Premium

Country

Hong Kong

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am having a very peculiar problem, my Spotify desktop app is not scrobbling or showing what I listen to on discord, but all these features work on the mobile version of the respective softwares. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For the Discord part, play it on a Web Player window and it should show up, or you can keep using the Mobile app, and for the other issue I am also experiencing.  

The photos embedded below, is my issue with the situation.

PlayerResulted_0-1663749965027.pngPlayerResulted_1-1663749977314.png

PlayerResulted_4-1663750083173.png

And there are currently no "work arounds" for this, seeing Spotify just Auto-Updates. I just use the Web Browser, seeing it preforms "better" as the audio, is just significantly better then the Desktop App. 
You can look for updates on the situation, by going here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/ongoing_issues/status-key/Fixed

Other then that, you're going to have to wait until it gets fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

For the Discord part, play it on a Web Player window and it should show up, or you can keep using the Mobile app, and for the other issue I am also experiencing.  

The photos embedded below, is my issue with the situation.

PlayerResulted_0-1663749965027.pngPlayerResulted_1-1663749977314.png

PlayerResulted_4-1663750083173.png

And there are currently no "work arounds" for this, seeing Spotify just Auto-Updates. I just use the Web Browser, seeing it preforms "better" as the audio, is just significantly better then the Desktop App. 
You can look for updates on the situation, by going here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/ongoing_issues/status-key/Fixed

Other then that, you're going to have to wait until it gets fixed.

Thank you so much you absolute legend

no problem

@Jayanlo

I fixed this issue, there are 2 "Desktop Apps" for Spotify. The Windows App, and then there's the Spotify Installer on their Website. 

You can uninstall the Microsoft Store one, and go to the Spotify Website and Install that one. Should fix your issue. 

PlayerResulted_0-1663873186387.png

Hope this fixes your issue as well, cheers. 

*edit* You can just "Update" the Windows Store version, and it should fix your issue as-well, as from what I heard from people.

-Niko

Suggested posts