Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did Spotify change something to playlist because I can't see collaborators

Solved!

Did Spotify change something to playlist because I can't see collaborators

Previously it showed the owner and the number of collaborators. Tapping that would show the collaborators list but now it just shows the owner and tapping that just takes one to the owner's profile.... I'm using an Android btw

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @SierraZay,

You may be right! We tested this again and no matter what we change the collaborators are always visible.

We've made the right folks aware that deleting an account may be the cause for such an occurrence. The issue will hopefully get addressed soon but we cannot provide you with an exact timeframe when that will happen.
Keep your app up to date in the meantime and let us know should any further questions or issues come to mind.

Thank you for all your help with troubleshooting this issue.
Happy holidays!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @SierraZay,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you? It's a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues as well.

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can try connecting to another Wi-Fi network and see if that issue still persists. In case you don't have one available,  we'd suggest you to ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you in order to test this. 

In case you're still experiencing this, it'd be great if you could tell us the exact make and model of the affected device, its operating system, as well as your Spotify version. Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator

I did try restarting and clearing caches, tried to reinstall the app and it didn't change anything except that the hidden songs in a playlist reverted back. I usually use wifi network and it didn't seem to have any effect on app, even after changing the network types and playing around with airplane mode.

My Operating System is MIUI 13, and my phone is a Poco X3.

Spotify version - 8.7.90.544

Screenshot shows the playlist but just the owner and no collaborators but I can still add and remove songs. 

Screenshot_2022-12-15-17-02-18-906_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @SierraZay,

Thank you for letting us know!
If you can, could you check if the Collaborators are shown for you when opening the playlist via the desktop app? This would let us know if the issue is account- or device-related.

And if they're visible and this turns out to be device-related, could you try doing a complete clean reinstall as shown here to see if this would make a difference?
Many thanks!

VasilModerator

I wasn't able to confirm on the windows version of the app, but the web player isn't showing the collaborators. I did try to do a clean reinstall following the mentioned link, it was hard to access the data folder since Android 11 it makes it so these files can't be accessed. I checked it using other apps and made sure no Spotify related folders were left, and then restarted and installed the app again. It didn't change anything and I still can't access the collaborators list

Edit - typo

Hey @SierraZay,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Sometimes, the usage of other apps to delete folders is not as efficient as doing it directly on the files of the phone. Since you cannot reproduce it on the desktop app, it could be device-related.

In this case, would you mind checking on a different mobile device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Lastly, it would be great if you could include in your next response a screenshot where we can see the missing info. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Fortunately, I happen to have a second phone. It didn't have Spotify so it was a fresh install. 

But, unfortunately I still wasn't able to access the collaborators list.

The device is realme 8 5G with realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12

IMG-20221220-WA0000.jpg

Hey @SierraZay,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We tested this on our end and the list of collaborators is still shown properly under the playlist name (below its description). This can be seen by all current collaborators and not just the owner. If the info was missing as well on another device, that could mean that you're not a collaborator of that playlist anymore.

To make sure of it, we'd recommend unfollowing the playlist to remove it from your playlist. Once removed, ask the owner to send you a new link to become a collaborator again and you'll see the list of users again.

This will do the trick, but if you're still having issues, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

I could have asked the owner but unfortunately there's no more ways of contact possible (it was a discord server playlist and had a bunch of collaborators and I wasn't able to find the owner soon enough) from my end so I won't be able to regain access to the playlist if I happen to remove it from my playlist. But I still somehow have the ability to add and remove songs to the playlist without any issues. The link below will lead to the folder in Google Drive where a 50 seconds video is uploaded. 

Spotify Issue 

Hey @SierraZay

Thank you for keeping in contact

We appreciate all the info you shared including the video, this gives us a better look at the issue. Taking into account the fact that you can still add and remove songs, most likely the owner changed the privacy of the playlist from public to secret and that's why you cannot see this info anymore.

To make sure of it, we'd suggest asking a friend or a family member to create a new playlist (set to public) and change it to Collaborative to send you an invite. When you accept it, check if you can see the collaborators on that one. If so, it confirms that the other playlist might have changed its privacy settings and the info is not longer visible.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

I followed the instructions and I was able to see the collaborators but there wasn't anything that showed if the playlist privacy was changed as in the screenshot attached, which always seems to show it as a public playlist. 

And so I think that something else is probably a cause for it if it's a bug. Recently one of my friend was in that same playlist and she had to delete her account from Spotify. It showed the collaborators after her account deletion when she had 7 days left, and I remember that this issue started sometime after, probably after the 7 days. Maybe that's why it's not showing it correctly I guess on that playlist..... 

Screenshot_2022-12-23-05-31-45-745_com.spotify.music.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @SierraZay,

You may be right! We tested this again and no matter what we change the collaborators are always visible.

We've made the right folks aware that deleting an account may be the cause for such an occurrence. The issue will hopefully get addressed soon but we cannot provide you with an exact timeframe when that will happen.
Keep your app up to date in the meantime and let us know should any further questions or issues come to mind.

Thank you for all your help with troubleshooting this issue.
Happy holidays!

VasilModerator

Yeah after that much troubleshooting it better be a bug lol. I appreciate the help too, and all of you guys have my thanks! Happy Holidays!

Suggested posts