Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different music in different rooms- Sonos

Solved!

Different music in different rooms- Sonos

I have a Spotify premium account (Individual). I generally use the Sonos app to play music from Spotify on my Sonos speakers.

Since I have had this set up, I have been able to play different music in different rooms. However, when I now try this, it will only play Spotify content on one speaker, and stop playing any other speaker with Spotify content. The message ‘Playback in (room) was stopped. Spotify is being used somewhere else’.

Anyone else having this problem? Only saw it for the first time last night. Have Spotify changed their terms and conditions?

Thanks. 

78 Replies

I still have this issue. What is the solution for the problem?

Just use SONOS app 

The problem still persists when using the Sonos app. I can't play multiple
tracks in multiple rooms at the same time. One of them stops after 3-5
seconds.

Same here, I recently moved and had my Sonos gear packed up for a few weeks. Plugged it all back in recently, and no longer can run different Spotify songs from different Sonos speakers. I've tried from both Sonos App and Spotify App. Is this still a known issue? iOS Sonos S2 Version 14.18.2

This is incredibly disappointing and presenting it as though it has always been like this doesn’t help. It was fine until very recently. I’ve been buying Sonos for years and I’m not going to buy any more. The functionality has been getting steadily worse. Now we suddenly can’t listen to different songs in different rooms even when paying for a Spotify premium family account. What a waste of money.

I’m having the same issue. Renders Sonos useless. 

Is anybody from @spotify going to respond??

I think this thread is closed but I’m suddenly having the same problem

Hello. Since this evening I have the same issue as everyone else above here. My two daughters listen to sleep music while downstairs we listen to jazz. This has worked for 3 years. I use android. Somehow the Spotify app thinks that each speaker is a different device and not just part of a speaker system.

Very annoying and nothing seemingly gets done to fix this, given the age of this thread.

Has anything changed recently with Spotify and Sonos. 
I have a premium account for 2 users. 
I can no longer listen to 2 different songs on same Sonos device. Please help. 

Hey, 

Can you please explain in steps what you are trying to do?

Are you using the Sonos app or the Spotify app?

/Magnus

I guess everyone is simply trying to put on different music in different rooms, which is the usecase for any family everywhere I suppose. (I have a similar issue trying to figure out how to get my kids to voice control their own music.)

@magnusholmkvist

I experienced the same problem since more than a year. Before that there was never an issue with multiple Spotify streams. I recently upgraded to a premium account for 2 users, but that did not help either. As soon as I start playing a Spotify song in the Sonos app the other room stops playing. Would be great if you could explain how to play different Spotify streams in different rooms at the same time from the Sonos app. Many thanks!

For the last year I have experienced difficulties playing different Spotify streams in different rooms on Sonos. As soon as I start a new stream from one room the music in the other rooms stops playing.

In the past this was never an issue. I recently upgraded to a premium duo account, but that did not help either. As soon as I start playing a Spotify song in the Sonos app the other room stops playing.

I read an old post describing the same problem, but it was marked as solved. When reading through the different answers in that post it was not clear if the issue was really solved and if so how!?

Would be great if you could explain how to play different Spotify streams in different rooms at the same time from the Sonos app.

Many thanks!

So my new post was merged with this thread by the moderator @joan.  The problem is that this thread is marked as "solved" even though it is quite clear from all recent posts that people still have this issue. I already read and tried all the proposed solutions carefully, but the problem persists. Can you kindly help me to solve this issue or in more detail explain the solution?

Welcome to my thread, sorry. This issues is NOT solved!!! Sonos and spotify have done nothing to solve the issues. 

sorry but I didnt solved this problem.

@sonos

Given that there are people still having this issue and the fact that you were keen to move the thread to solved, would you kindly consider commenting and helping us out?

I just canceled my subscription. What other streaming services support multiple streams? 

Suggested posts