Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover navigation button

Discover navigation button

As of version 8.6.80.1180, Spotify introduced a 4th bottom button between Home and Search called "Discover". It's meant to be quick access to recommended music. Unfortunately, it's possible to tap this button by accident and immediately replace the song you're listening to with something that's much louder, potentially giving you a jump scare (especially while listening with earbuds). Although I like the idea of browsing recommended music, it should not be placed on the bottom bar as a navigational tool. Please give us the option to hide this button.

5 Replies

While listening to music or a podcast I browse Spotify looking for a potential new listen. If I got the new Discover button on accident it immediately blasts some other stuff and takes me away from what I was listening to. It's too easy to do it on accident, when I don't have headphones in yet either, resulting in my phone blasting some loud (often poorly recommended) music for the whole office to hear. Please disable the Autoplay!

The New Discover button has potential. But please disable or allow us to disable the Video Canvas! I don't want my recommendations limited to only artists who use the video canvas. I also don't want to see ANY artists video canvas, I prefer to just enjoy the music. Perhaps an option to replace it with an artist bio. I've already turned off the first canvas feature months ago, I thought the issues was settled then. I really really really don't like Spotify forcing some of these questionable imagery some artists choose, please let me turn it off and enjoy the music.

Same bro. It's annoying and their reccomentations feel more like paid advertisements.

Agree with this 100%. I'd like to be able to mute by default as well as hide the video. 

As a parent, it would be nice to have an option to disable discover in the same way you can disable explicit content.

Spotify is an app to listen and discover music, please don't try to make it yet another TikTok.

Hi everyone,

The Discover Video Feed is a new feature which Spotify is testing out. 

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try temporarily. Read more about Spotify tests here.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions and feedback about this new feature test with the Community. As this isn't officially a part of the regular Spotify experience, we're not currently accepting ideas for it, until and if that becomes the case.

However, it's super helpful to get feedback on this from you, so we’ve gathered all threads and Ideas in one place and we’ve passed this onto the right teams at Spotify. 

We want to thank you again, as your suggestions help shape and develop new features.

Take care!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts