Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly did not update

Discover weekly did not update

Plan: Free

Device: Google chrome web browser on mac, iphone 8, and spotify app on mac

Operating System: iso 13.6.1 and sierra? maybe? not sure on the laptop. But since it's a universal problem I think it's my account.

My discover weekly didn't update. I did every fix I saw to fix it, logged out everywhere and restarted everything, unfollowed and refollowed discover weekly, nothing worked. I listened to things that were not discover weekly this week so it wasn't that. I am not in Serbia or Moldova or any other country that does not have this feature, and I double checked my location was still correct. It just--didn't update. I'm at a loss and I'm super bummed out, so someone please help me fix this. 

9 Replies

Same happens to me. It's the first time this happens for me. I am in Spain and I've listened a lot of music this last week.

I have same problem I've been using Spotify for 2 years and listening regularly.My first encountered. I tried all ways but not worked my plan is premium country Turkey

Technically speaking, mine DID update....for about 10 hours on Monday, but then reverted back. I was mid-listening to a new Discover Weekly song (Monday ritual) and had the Spotify desktop app opened on my screen. I noticed it suddenly changed my 10-hours old new Discover Weekly playlist, to my my *old* Discover Weekly ("8 Days Ago") right in front of my eyes! Now it's stuck on the old 8-days old one and won't give me the new one back. Seems like a bug.

But lol, people have been asking for ages how to get your old Discovery Weekly back and the answer is always "we have no way of recovering it" - that seems like BS! Because I saw my new list revert to my old one 10 hours after refreshing in front of my own eyes! At least for some period after it refreshes, it seems Spotify indeed does know your old list. 

For what it's worth I've never had an issue with Discover Weekly before. Always worked great. I'm a user based in Hong Kong.

I've been listening about 3-4 years and it's never happened to me before either, that's why I'm wondering if it's a widespread internal problem on their end or something.

Well that is the weirdest thing I've heard all day, and makes me think that the problem is definitely on their and not ours because while i'm not the most tech savvy person in the world I can't imagine anything you could do would make that happen on purpose. I guess it's just a "wait til somebody notices and decides to fix it" problem, which is frustrating.  

Same here, been using it for years and today when I woke up and expected a new weekly it hadn't been updated. Tried all suggestions from previous posts but to no avail. Please Spotify, I need my Monday morning music fix to get through the day

Yep, same here. I was listening a new Discover Weekly playlist for an hour on Monday morning and then suddenly started to hear old tracks from last week. Now all I can see is the playlist from last week. Same situation on the desktop app + mobile app + browser, and no help from logging out/in. Being listening DW playlist without a hitch for many years in Finland.

Same thing happened to me - no updates. First time ever. Really hope someone can fix this.

Hey there folks!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the delayed reply here.

We have received a few other reports about users having trouble with their Discover Weekly, but that should be fixed now.

You can take a look at this page for more info.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts