Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly very irrelevant

Discover weekly very irrelevant

While I really like the idea of "Discover Weekly", there are two things that bother me:

1. All the finnish music. Why? I don't speak the language, I never, ever listen to Finnish music. This can in no way be the result of my previous listening behavior. I do however from time to time listen to asian music, so finding asian tracks would make sense, but that's not happened. 
  2. All the tracks I've already have in my playlists. Why call it discover when I've clearly already heard the tracks? I'd say approximately half the tracks in this weeks list are already in my library. 

This is not only for this week, but something that's been occuring most weeks since the launch. Help! 

Or am I missing something? 

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!
4 Replies

Exaktly the same here! The weekly list are often very good, but I can not use it now as it contains of 50% finnish music. It is really annoying. It would be really great if I could choose which countries to not appear on my weekly list. I live in Norway, so I get norwegian music too.

No offense Finland and Norway. 😉

For me it's not finnish music. I just get music that's really irrelevant. I listen to a lot of reggae and 50's rock/pop. Almost all my weekly songs are 70's and Dire Straits kind of stuff. Something is wierd...

I love this idea, if it works!

Hey

What is wrong with Discover Weekly?

My first playlist was great, second little worst, but now I'm gettin music genes that I'm not listening to.

It looks like some random tracks + some hip hop tunes...

There is only one track in 30 that sounds interesting...

Does anyone knows what can I do with it?

It looks like I'm getting recommendation for someone else.

Exactly the same here.

For a couple of weeks now I have also a lot of finnish music in my Discover Weekly playlist

Absolutely no interest of finnish music so why has it suddenly started to appear on the Discover Weekly playlist ?

I´m not att all surprised over the other songs in the playlist its only the finnish songs that bothers me.

//

Suggested posts