Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download the entire library at once

Solved!

Download the entire library at once

Hi 🙂

I am regularly on the road without internet and I would like to download all the playlists I have on Spotify to my phone.

But this step is very long and tedious, because I have a lot of different playlists and my phone is getting more and more bloated as the number of music downloads increases.

Is there a way to download all the playlists at once, instead of having to click on the playlist - click on the download button - come back ?

Thank you very much to everyone who will take the time to answer me!

EnderNight

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @EnderNight,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

Currently the apps are not able to perform a bulk download of all your created playlists (i.e. to download your entire library at once). Similar suggestions have been proposed by users in our Idea Exchange board, but the ideas they've formulated didn't gain much traction and became inactive with time - like the one here for example. 

Perhaps you can try to describe your idea better and then submit it again to see if this suggestion will be more attractive for users at the moment.  You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @EnderNight,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

Currently the apps are not able to perform a bulk download of all your created playlists (i.e. to download your entire library at once). Similar suggestions have been proposed by users in our Idea Exchange board, but the ideas they've formulated didn't gain much traction and became inactive with time - like the one here for example. 

Perhaps you can try to describe your idea better and then submit it again to see if this suggestion will be more attractive for users at the moment.  You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

This "was" to be able to be done - you were able to go to Library, show all songs and then bulk download all songs.   Whilst the playlist itself would show as not downloaded, you could open the playlist up and every song would have the green down arrow there and would work flawlessly offline.  If there is a Spotify moderator reading this thread - then returning this function would be fantastic.  The issue now is that you can no longer go into your library and show every song in the library.  A huge loss of functionality.

Hey @sweeneyac,

We appreciate the feedback!
You could submit a new idea, explaining the feature in detail and why it would be good if it came back.
As soon as it gathers enough +votes, it could go live again! 🙂

Fingers crossed!
Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

Cheers!

VasilModerator

As the user base expanded it's most likely that the server strain from individuals downloading possibly hundreds of thousands of songs. Each. Would severely impact the performance of the service for every user. 

Not a long term issue - Most people probably aren't adding hundreds of thousands (or even the download cap of 10,000 per device) of songs to their library every day. I'd imagine it's in the triple digits MAX. Users can already download a bunch of playlists pretty quickly, it's just tedious, so the servers should be able to handle it. If they can't, then Spotify can impose some soft data cap on downloads to reduce server load.

Obviously spotify doesnt want to make it easy to mass download songs. Doesnt make any amount of sense, I pay for the service, I'll continue to pay until its more frustrating to use than other methods. But you're just wasting your users time and effort. Its disrespectful.

That response is ridiculous. Nobody knows you even have an "idea exchange board," much less that they have to go there and suggest a "new" idea for you to reinstate and old feature that everybody loved!! Spotify used to let us automatically download anything that was "liked," and it should've stayed that way. Having an option to download every song in your library is an option that also was available in the past and never should've went away!! That is a feature that would've always been included by any programmer who has any common sense whatsoever!

Clearly spotify removed this feature for reasons behind the scenes that have nothing to do with user satisfaction. It wasn't removed by a programmer or anyone with any common sense, it was removed by some douchebag executive. Why don't you just be honest?

that will never get any upvotes because nobody that uses spotify ever browses your stupid forums!!!! GET REAL!!!!

just put it back now because everyone in this thread is begging you to do so. it was incredibly **bleep**ing stupid to take it away in the first place

i want all my songs to be followed  so all my mate can listen to 

Suggested posts