NEXT STEP

Driving mode stopped working

Driving mode stopped working

Plan Premium

Country Kazakhstan

Device Redmi Note 8

Operating System Android 10

My Question or Issue

Driving mode stopped working few weeks ago. Phone connects to car audio via BT, Spotify says "You are in car, connect navigation etc", but driving mode stays disabled. In settings, driving mode menu item is inactive, doesn't react on taps. Tried to reinstall app - remove, clear cache/data, install - no effect.

3 Replies

Hi @Deaddy,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

Just to be on the same page, are you referring to the Car View feature from the mobile app? If you are, then we'd like to inform you that this feature was depreciated. 

However, this doesn't mean we don't want to improve on how our users listen to Spotify while driving. On the contrary, we're actively exploring a variety of new ways to deliver the best in-car listening experience. Think of retiring car-view as something that needs to happen in an effort to make way for new innovations coming down the track.

For the time being, you can listen hands-free via Google Assistant. This feature also works with Google Maps so you can navigate while listening to Spotify. In order to do that, you can link your accounts and say ‘Hey Google, play Spotify’.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Very, very, very strange answer. "We think that convenient way you used is wrong, so we killed this feature. Instead, we want you to use other ways, we really don't care how you'll use it, enable google assistant or whatever, but it'll definitely will be much better for you. Trust us, we know your needs much better than you do."

Just like that.

Sorry for translating your answer from marketing language to English.

And no, i can't mark your answer as solution, it's just marketing**bleep**.

As user, i want to choose which way of control is best for me by myself! Please return back Car View feature.

Suggested posts