Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dumb Question....Maybe. Where is Home on Windows 7

Dumb Question....Maybe. Where is Home on Windows 7

On my iphone, the home screen shows me "Recently Played" "Just For You" and so on.

I'm running Windows 7 and I do not see a Home icon, the closest thing I can find to Home is "Overview" but it does not show Recently Played or the Just For You compalations.

3 Replies

@jkopackjr

Hello:

If you are referring to the Spotify desktop app, the HOME feature from the mobile Spotify apps have not made it onto the Windows Spotify desktop apps yet. Not sure exactly when this feature will be worked into the desktop app or if it will? There was a short lived test that was going on with the Spotify desktop apps, when RECENTLY PLAYED showed up in place of the Friend Feed for awhile but that test has come to an end. Not sure what the devs are planning yet with regards to HOME and the Spotify desktop app, so I am not sure what the plan is next? But keep an eye out on the community as that is where an announcement or user comments will begin if the feature should show up on the Spotify desktop apps, as it might show up as an individual feature as RECENTLY PLAYED, or under a new built in feature called HOME. 

Thanks for the reply!

The recent played seems it should be a necessity and I really like the Just For You Compilations, I can't find them anywhere on the Desktop.

@jkopackjr

What you can do as a work around is a couple of things.

First option with the Spotify mobile apps when you have those compilation playlists loaded from under HOME - Just For You, I am on the Spotify Android App. Load one of those playlists up and using the playlist options on the Spotify iPhone app, choose the option to follow those playlists, you will have to do each playlist one at a time for the playlists you wish to follow. And once you are on the Spotify service with the Spotify Desktop app, that playlist will show just under the PLAYLISTS on the left hand navigation pane in the Spotify desktop app. Save any favorite songs to one of your own personal playlist, these Spotify curated playlists update all the time.

Second option, one extra step involved with the Spotify iPhone app and the Spotify desktop app open on your system. Load up the HOME - Just For You section from the mobile app, and use the Spotify desktop app's search feature, and type in the search window of the Spotify desktop app the exact keywords for each of these playlist titles from under HOME - Just For You on the Spotify mobile app. I have just done this with about 5 of these playlists this way, and always in the TOP RESULTS the first playlist is shown from the search key word options from the auto pull down window under the search window of the Spotify desktop app. And you can load up those playlists that way with the Spotify desktop app and follow them there as well.

Hope these ideas help out some.

Suggested posts