Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Echo Buds can't connect to spotify.

Solved!

Echo Buds can't connect to spotify.

Spotify Premium (Family) UK

Motorola G7 Plus

Android 10

When I ask my Amazon Echo Buds to open Spotify on my phone, there is a delay, then the last played playlist starts, and almost immediately Alexa says: "Sorry, I could not connect to the Spotify app. Please restart it and try again". I cannot use the touch controls or voice commands to change songs or playlists. Only volume controls work, and that is probably because they are controlling the phone, not Spotify. I have tried restarting the app as suggested, but to no avail.

By coincidence, (or maybe not), this problem started around the same time as the Android Auto problem that I and several other Spotify users are experiencing. I have also tried all the troubleshooting tips mentioned in that thread. It appears, from a tech-savvy layman's perspective that Spotify can no longer communicate with third party apps (Android Auto, Amazon Alexa), properly. This is getting really frustrating as during the week about 90% of my Spotify use is either in my car or using my Echo buds. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since I reported the problem, Spotify has auto-updated to 8.6.14.975

The problem seems to have been fixed, and my Echo buds are working correctly with Spotify, using both voice commands and the touch controls. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @Prydwyn

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

Also, could you send over a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? You can add a link to it or you can attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Since I reported the problem, Spotify has auto-updated to 8.6.14.975

The problem seems to have been fixed, and my Echo buds are working correctly with Spotify, using both voice commands and the touch controls. 

Hi @Prydwyn

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts