Premium

Country

US

Device

Amazon Echo Show 15

Operating System

Whatever the Echo Show uses

My Question or Issue

While I'm able to use Spotify on my Echo Show 15, all it does is start at the beginning of the playlist that's already being played on on other devices (i.e., via the Spotfiy Windows desktop app). There doesn't seem to be any way to control Spotify on the Echo's touchscreen--maybe that would require a specific app? All it shows is the song being played, and it just allows the basic controls--pause, fast-forward, etc. No option to go to the part of the playlist playing elsewhere or to sync with the other device playing Spotify. I'm assuming that some things can be done via Alexa, but I would prefer to be able to control Spotify via the touchscreen, as is done on my phone or tablet. Am I missing something?

11 Replies

Hey @JohnS43,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

The Spotify app could show different options depending on the device. First, let us know the type of connection you're using between devices. If it's a Bluetooth connection or if you're using the Connect feature.

Also, could you send us a screenshot of how the controls looks like on the screen of your Echo 15 to have a better look at the issue?

We'll be waiting for your response.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, and thanks for your response. I'm not sure what you mean about the connection between devices. My desktop (Windows 10) and the Echo Show 15 are each connected to my home wi-fi. The desktop is connected by Bluetooth to some Echo devices being used as speakers. The Echo Show is not connected to anything via Bluetooth.

I don't think there's a way to do a screenshot on an Echo Show, so I just took a photo. First picture is a screenshot from the Windows 10 app -- shows I'm in the Discover Weekly playlist and a song from that playlist is playing there.

The next picture is from the Echo Show 15. The only thing I can access in Spotify is "recently played," which shows as Discover Weekly. No options for any other playlists. After I tap on Discover Weekly--it starts out playing a completely different song than what is playing on the desktop/Windows app. 

What I'm trying to figure out is (1) why don't they sync up (I only have one Spotify account), and (2) is there any way to access all of Spotify on the Echo Show (i.e, have access to all the playlists, etc.)

screenshot.jpg
PXL_20220530_183208906.MP.jpg

Hey @JohnS43,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for the info you sent.

If the apps are not synced, it's possible that the Echo has a different account logged in. As you mentioned that you have only 1 account, it could be an account created by mistake.

First, we'd recommend logging out from the active session on your Echo and your PC. After logging out, log back in using the same email and password on both devices. If the syncing issue persists after this process, we'd recommend performing a reinstallation of the app and rebooting both devices.

Lastly, if the issue persists, would you mind sending the Spotify Version you're currently running in your Echo? This will give us a better look at the issue to keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I’m not sure you’re grasping the issue here. The Echo Show 15 only displays a ‘cut down’ version of Spotify, not all features are available. You cannot choose a playlist, cannot browse the current playlist, basically you can only use voice controls and when you ‘finally’ get it to start the playlist you want you then can’t see any of the songs in that playlist. The only way to move on through the playlist is to go to the next song and so on.. It’s very annoying as this is probably the main reason we are using Spotify…

@Patu77 - I came here for this exact reason. I'm wondering the same thing myself. I was hopeful now that they added Fire TV to the Echo Show 15 but when I tried to install the Spotify app it says Unavailable and won't let me. Very frustrated about that. Voice navigation isn't that great with Alexa on Spotify.

In case anyone needs a screenshot.

spotifyonfiretv.jpg

Is this still the same? I was considering buying one but assumed Spotify would work with the touchscreen, and similar to how it does on a phone. 

Agree the responder does not understand the question. I too am just trying to understand whether the Alexa/Echo devices with built in screens allow me to control Spotify on the screen.

we’re not talking about any connection here. There’s no device connected to the Amazon echo. The Amazon echo has a built-in screen.

Doesn’t sound like there’s a great answer on this, but let me know if I missing something! Thank you to the question submitter for trying to get to the bottom of this!

hello, November of 2023 - do we have a solution here? Why is there no native connection for Spotify (the most popular music app) from the echo show 15 software? Is there a patch on the horizon for this?

I think I'm looking for the same solution but can't believe there isn't a solution amongst all this wonderful technology. I recently bought an Alexa show and an Alexa show 8  3rd gen. I can ask for a Spotify playlist, let's say Andy Williams Christmas album for example, and it plays straight away but I can't access the track list of what is on the album like I can on my iphone. Surely this should be an option and can't be too difficult to sort out. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the issue is not with Spotify but with the Echo Show 15 itself. More specifically Amazon. They are blocking the native Spotify app from being installed. In fact, every time someone figures out a way to sideload the app into the Echo Show 15 they patch the device under the guise of an "update" to actively block people from doing so. Just terrible. They are willfully making the experience a terrible one to force you into switching and using their own Amazon Music service. I really want to love the Echo Show 15 but Amazon are just such a terrible company. 

Suggested posts