Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Edge web player rarely plays more than 1 song in a row

Edge web player rarely plays more than 1 song in a row

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10, Edge web browser

My Question or Issue

I use Edge at work because it's the only web player that doesn't have issues with the audio stuttering, like the desktop app and other browsers.

After a song plays, I will hear nothing. If I look at the page, it shows that another song was selected, but the track time is at zero. If I refresh the page, the track time will update, indicating that it was playing 'somewhere' but not through my web player. Sometimes I can pause/play/move the position in the track, and the audio will start working again, but that rarely works. It would be better if the desktop app just worked without sound stuttering issues, but if I have to use Edge at least it could continue playing music through the audio I was already listening to it from.

4 Replies

Hey @imnotarealrobot! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Can you describe the audio stuttering you're experiencing in the other browsers?

Have you tried to clear your browser cookies/cache to see if that makes any difference?

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

The audio stuttering is the same as in the desktop app, the audio either goes silent, or garbled, for a split second, and occurs multiple times a minute. It has a real negative affect when listening to a good song, or good part of a song.

After I cleared the cache for Edge and logged back in, it tried to play the song I had already been listening to. No audio was occurring, so I paused the song, and after that the Play button was disabled until I refresh the page, then it did play the first try. It played the next maybe 2 songs in a row, then hit the same bug again where it queued a song but nothing happens. Refreshing the page and hitting play will update the time (which was at zero before) to some track time, but still no audio - the timer doesn't increment though, so no visible indication of playback either.

I'd like to be able to use the desktop app... way more responsive than a website, and perfect for a desktop environment.

@imnotarealrobot

That sounds odd.

Have you tried to reinstall your desktop app? To see if that makes any difference?

And be sure to check if there is an update available for your Microsoft Edge.  ^^

Peace

I have reinstalled the app a couple of times, and my machine has the latest updates. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Suggested posts