Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Professional

My Question or Issue

Recently I keep getting a "throttled" message on my Elgato Stream Deck, even after having enabled access to Spotify from it. I assume that some throttling threshold has been lowered which is causing this issue. Is there any way to increase the threshold to what it was a few months ago (December of 2019)? Or at least publish the accepted request/command rate, so that the creator of the plugin can modify it accordingly?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The "fix" is to upgrade to the newest version of the plugin, and then
follow the instructions for that upgrade. You basically have to create your
own personal Spotify "app" for this (just click through a few pages and
copy/paste a key, and you're done).

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Dear Spotify Support,
This issue is the same for all stream deck users!
The developer is trying to get in touch with you since January.
It would be nice to hear from you about the current status.
Thanks.

Hi there i have the same Problem 

I always have to close the Elgato Streamdeck App and open it again to control Spotify

The Streamdeck lose the connection to Streamlabs and i can not control it with the Streamdeck since i Restart the Streamdeck App. Also when it works again i get always a Throttled message on the Buttons. I am a Premium Member and it seems that you are reduse the API for all Users. I hope you can fix this because it is very mad in Streaming.

Thank you and stay safe

Greetz Skeletor-Cube

It would be nice if this was working on macOS as well. This is primarily why I bought the streamdeck.

For gods sake please adress this issue spotify!

Hello! Moderators I've also been noticing these issues. Please reach out to us about any update you may have about these issues we're having with throttling!

Thanks

20200423_180142.jpg

Same. Very annoying. I just want to listen to music without alt-tabbing every time I want to control the app.
Why does throttling even have ANYTHING to do with using my device to control my device?
Please fix this. Though I doubt it even gets read.

At least you are able to get Spotify to work with your stream deck.  My stream deck software crashes as soon as I attempt to setup spotify.  It was the only reason I got a premium account.

Can confirm this issue, it's driving me insane. It works if I keep pressing eventually, but it's so frustrating and there's no real reason to "throttle" anything.

Please fix.

Marked as solution

The "fix" is to upgrade to the newest version of the plugin, and then
follow the instructions for that upgrade. You basically have to create your
own personal Spotify "app" for this (just click through a few pages and
copy/paste a key, and you're done).

For those looking for an updated solution to throttled Spotify buttons, there is a work around.
You can alternatively use AutoHotkeys to command Spotify, and have your stream deck open an AHK script.

• Start by downloading AutoHotkeys, and make a folder somewhere to save all your scripts
   Download AutoHotkeys here: https://www.autohotkey.com
• To make an AHK script, right click the desktop, and go to new > AutoHotkey Script
• Delete all the starter code inside the script, and insert a following line of code for the button you want
• For each button, you must have a separate script.

Play/Pause:

PostMessage, 0x319,, 0xE0000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
Next Song:
PostMessage, 0x319,, 0xB0000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_NEXT_SONG
Prev Song:
PostMessage, 0x319,, 0xC0000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PREV_SONG
Mute:
PostMessage, 0x319,, 0x80000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_VOLUME_MUTE
Volume Up:
PostMessage, 0x319,, 0xA0000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_VOLUME_UP
Volume Down:
PostMessage, 0x319,, 0x90000,, ahk_exe Spotify.exe ; msg: WM_APPCOMMAND - lParam: APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_VOLUME_DOWN

As of right now, I'm still trying to write code for the other functions such as:

Liked Song Toggle, Remove Song From Playlist, Shuffle Mode, Repeat Mode, and others.
ALSO: This won't work if your Spotify is closed and still playing media. Only works if it's minimized or open.

Once you have these scripts saved, activate them on your stream deck by going to System > Open
Then under App/File make sure the path leads to the .ahk file of your choice.

I hope this helps anyone who still wants to be able to use some of the basic features of BarRaiders Spotify plugin for the Elgato stream deck, even when all the other options are throttled.

SpotifyAHK.png

Suggested posts