Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Emails and some playlists are in French.

Emails and some playlists are in French.

Hi I have been using Spotify for over a year now and suddenly my emails from Spotify are in French not English. Also some playlists and the 'discovery' playlist are in French but everything else is in English.
Screenshot_20160722-122036.png
Screenshot_20160722-122003.png
3 Replies

Hey @jtb44,

Something like this happened to me, and it was because I had the app in different languages across different devices. See if all your apps have English as default language, and it should update itself.

If not, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to see what's going on within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been having constant issues of my account being hijacked. Maybe the person who hijacked my account is french or french canadian.

FYI Spotify security is SH!T

@jtb44

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts