Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Episodes for you showing disgusting contents on top of the app

Episodes for you showing disgusting contents on top of the app

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Iphone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 10.)

My Question or Issue

My spotify app has been showing episodes for you with disgusting contents that I'm definitely not interested in on top of my screen. Please let me know how to remove those. I'm extremely annoyed by this.

70 Replies

Hey there @enchantedwhale

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome!

We totally understand where you're coming from and we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

While there isn't an option to customize your home screen, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I also experience the same thing. There is currently lots of sexual contents in "Episodes for you" and there is no way to remove them! I'd like a dislike feature or remove feature for these recommendations! Thanks!

Hi @xinxinflyer

Thanks for your message and your valuable feedback. 

If you haven't already, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE to the previously mentioned idea where users are requesting an option to customize their home page.

If we have any updates about this, we'll make sure to share them with all users in the idea thread.

The Community will be here if you need anything else. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"While there isn't an option to customize your home screen"
You're customizing it for us with irrelevant and unwanted content, and showing it on the most prominent place on the home page. If you're testing new content, do it somewhere else. Otherwise, de-customize our home screen please and get rid of this utter waste of space containing unwanted, and sometimes even disturbing, "content".

I came to this page with this exact same issue. The fact that I am unable to change my episodes for you recommendations means that I am stuck with seeing this upside down Cross and the words HAIL **bleep** every time I open my Spotify. This seriously creepy and concerning that I am unable to get it removed.

image_2021-10-30_120853.png

It's really bad, makes we seriously consider moving away from Spotify altogether to Apple or some other service, there is no way to not show the disgusting content or remove it, and it just stays there. Registering accounts in the family plan for my kids revealed similar content, some quality control is expected.

I literally got spotify to listen to music at work and now everytime I go on my homepage I have a disgusting big **bleep**. I shouldn't have to "Vote" on other comments to get this "maybe removed" in like a year. If facebook was doing that they would probably already have a congressional hearing or something
jason_nj_0-1636048611635.png

I mean it's pretty simple, if I get another recommendation I will just cancel my subscription and either go somewhere else or just use youtube. I don't have the patience for spotify to tune their algorithm to filter that blatant bait in a reasonable time

wake up spotify, do something !

For how many additional days do you want your users to feel disgusted everytime they open your app?

You understand where we're coming from? You do, @Novy?

I briefly shared the Spotify browser while in a meeting with my boss & his boss while opening another program and didn't think much about it. 

You CAN listen to Spotify at work, right? This is not supposed to be an NSFW program, right? You should never be ashamed to have the Spotify browser open, right?

Because this is what y'all put ON THE TOP OF MY F****** HOMEPAGE, and there is no way to get rid of it. 

Do better.

WTF Spotify.jpg

May have to stop using the app if it shows me soft **bleep** when I open it. There's a reason I don't use Instagram anymore. Guess spotify is next

Edit - literally there's a picture of a girl's **bleep** on this page... Lol oh the irony

Hi, i paid for my subscription, why do i need to see content that i'm not interested in

ooorait_1-1637134597080.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

In the meantime we suggest that you head over to the idea that's been provided in the thread and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to it for any updates regarding this.

A Not right now status comes after the idea has reached the correct teams and for transparency we've put that status. It's not impossible to get it in the future, but we cannot make any promises

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

"It's not impossible to get it in the future, but we cannot make any promises"

You've added it, you can remove it. You can stick that not right now where the sun don't shine. It's been an issue for weeks and all we get is a polite way of saying "we can't be arsed to change it"?
You can help us by actually helping us.

This is BS, I want to remove those unwanted "ads" as a paying customer O_o are u kidding me?

Guys this feature strongly discouraged me from a service that shares a lot of time in my daily routines. It surprised that I wasn't the only one either. Please take these feedback reports seriously.

**PUSH** This is a no go!

How is this STILL NOT FIXED!? Everytime I open the app I get some disgusting**bleep** on the Home page, I don't want it there! 

Suggested posts