Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Everything except rap!

Solved!

Everything except rap!

I want a staion to play a wide selection of music.

I want to hear selections from every gender EXCEPT Rap ( Any song that is all or has sections of monotone chanting ).  I am also not a fan of music that was generated by a rythym machine.

The sation should:

• Never Paly Rap
  • Play Rock
  • Play Jazz
  • Play Country
  • Play Blues
  • Play Country
  • Play Classical
  • Play Ragtime
  • Play Big Band
  • Play Musical
  • Play Movie and TV scores

How do I get a station that will play a bit of EVRYTHING EXCEPT RAP??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your questions!

For your convenience, I moved those two playlists to be the first two in my Public playlists at  https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu .  Does Spotify let you see them?

These two playlists are periodically updated automatically to keep at least 200 hours of music in them-- The way that I use them is as follows.

* I copy those two playlists to my own Copies-- and I delete from the top as I play these radios-- I find the location of the currently playing track by clicking on the lower left of the Album art of the playing track in the lower left of the screen-- The currently playing track displays in green in the playlist-- And periodically I delete from above the playing track to the top of the playlist-- so that I can reStart playing that "radio"-- from where I stopped-- just by restarting the straight through play on that playlist from the top-- Does that make sense?

* And when there are about 100 tracks left in my Copy, I delete the remaining tracks-- and I recopy the whole of either

AllOfSpotify_Queue  or  
Songs_Radio.

to the appropriate "Radio playlist" from which I play straight through-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off, as before.  The tracks have been already shuffled so that there are only intentional repeats on VanMorrison and TheBottle and ThisWoman'sWork. and . . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks and joyful listening to All of Spotify-- Hardly any repeats-- Hardly any . . . .

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have something like that, @pgorbas.  Great idea!  I will describe what I play.

I have two periodically refreshing playlists each with over 3K tracks called

* AllOfSpotify_Queue  and

* Songs_Radio

These two periodically refreshing playlists combine and randomize many friends' collaborative playlists-- with hardly any repeats-- I use  last.fm  to identify how to eliminate what I don't want to hear.

AllOfSpotify_Queue contains even really far-out classical composers that I am just learning-- like Gloria Coates and Per Norgard-- And the Songs_Radio  contains all of the wonderful songs-- including jazz and blues and rock that make for fun dancing and dancing and inventive partner dancing under the stars from a mobile phone with whatever speakers are available.

I just copy these two playlists to my own Copy of each and play the desired playlist from the top-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off-- to avoid repeats-- (I laugh.)

I have gotten only 14 tracks that have played twice in the last 5K tracks played-- And no track has played more than twice in the last 5K tracks-- All of Spotify-- except . . . .

Perhaps I just don't know how to properly search for your stations, but if I simply paste one of your station names into my search box I get no results??  Please see attached screen shot.

spotSearch.JPG
Marked as solution

Thanks for your questions!

For your convenience, I moved those two playlists to be the first two in my Public playlists at  https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu .  Does Spotify let you see them?

These two playlists are periodically updated automatically to keep at least 200 hours of music in them-- The way that I use them is as follows.

* I copy those two playlists to my own Copies-- and I delete from the top as I play these radios-- I find the location of the currently playing track by clicking on the lower left of the Album art of the playing track in the lower left of the screen-- The currently playing track displays in green in the playlist-- And periodically I delete from above the playing track to the top of the playlist-- so that I can reStart playing that "radio"-- from where I stopped-- just by restarting the straight through play on that playlist from the top-- Does that make sense?

* And when there are about 100 tracks left in my Copy, I delete the remaining tracks-- and I recopy the whole of either

AllOfSpotify_Queue  or  
Songs_Radio.

to the appropriate "Radio playlist" from which I play straight through-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off, as before.  The tracks have been already shuffled so that there are only intentional repeats on VanMorrison and TheBottle and ThisWoman'sWork. and . . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks and joyful listening to All of Spotify-- Hardly any repeats-- Hardly any . . . .

Thanks, by opening your web link I was able to "folow" your stations, and then they appeared in my Spotify desktop client.

Sure seams like a lot of work.  IMHO it should be as simple as clicking "New Station" then select "Rap" with a modifer of "NO" next to it.

Suggested posts