Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Yamaha WXA50

Operating System

NA

My Question or Issue

I'm experiencing randomly stutter using Spotify Connect with my Yamaha WXA-50. When I play music via spotify connect after some time randomly the music stops and 3 seconds later plays the music again, and repeats with same phenomenon with shorter pauses everytime. After a while it plays the music again without stutter. The duration time of the stutter is around 30sec. When I skip the song during this phenomenon, it plays the new song without stutter. It starts mostly after around 15min. playing music via spotify connect without stutter. 

The WXA-50 is connected via ethernet. Via the optical input I connected chromecast audio instead. Via this way I do not experience any issues. When playing internet radio on WXA-50 I also do not experience any issues.

The issue which I am experiencing very annoying. Could someone please help me to resolve?

116 Replies

Having the same problem the past few months. Worked fine before that. I have taken numerous troubleshooting steps, but no improvement. Connection via Airplay from iPhone works fine, but I want to run the Spotify app on the receiver (RX-A3080). I suspect a Yamaha firmware or Spotify app upgrade is to blame. Hope they fix it soon. 

Hey there, same thing here with my wxa-50. Sounds like a firmware update is needed indeed. Hopefully soon, because super annoying….

Exactly the same here with my Yamaha HTR-4072 . 

Tried everything , wired , wireless , fix ip , dhcp , other dns etc .. nothing helped !

Same here, no troubleshooting step helps. The only way to get rid of the stutter is to skip the song or play it again from the beginning until the next stuttering phase (..), yet it is obviously not what can be called a solution. Some buffering issue I would guess, in any case a firmware update is required urgently! However, I doubt the issue will be resolved anytime soon as it requires a cooperation between Spotify and Yamaha. It would be interesting to know if this happens with equipment from other manufacturers as well.

Hello all !
Experiencing the same and with several type of Yamaha devices.
See this post and do not hesitate to react.
We must have a solution and Spotify and Yamaha must work on that.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/music-breaks-after-yamaha-upgrade-2-86/...

Same exact problem here. Something HAS changed on Spotify side as no new firmware updates from Yamaha.

Hi @eni,
thanks for your reply.

what am I supposed to search for with the link you provided.
it’s quite generic search engine….
Can’t you share the link to right page directly ?
thanks.

Hi @eni,
I finally found a link to the devices list supporting Spotify connect.

https://explore.spotify.com/us/collections/wireless-speakers?back=all-devices

So I experienced the issue with the musiccast Yamaha 20, which did not get any firmware update recently.
The device is in the list, so if you could come back to us with any feedback investigation you could get.
It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot !

I received an reply from Yamaha support. They came up with the following solution. I didn't tried it yet.

It could well be that security aspects play a major role there. Most routers (here in Germany, especially AVM's "Fritzbox") have improved their security measures with updates.
- First, delete the corresponding device from the router registry
- Unplug the DSL line
- deactivate the firewall in the router
- register the affected device again.
- If the registration was successful, activate the firewall, establish DSL connection

- log out completely from Spotify according to the instructions and log in again:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-to-log-out/
Without this action, simply logging in/out of Spotify is not helpful.

Let us know if the proposed solution worked for you.

Same problem here on a wxa-50. Don’t really understand how to turn off and on the firewall on my router but ill forward the suggestion to my telecom provider...

Exactly the same thing using a hardwired Yamaha WXAD-10. The best description is "buffering" but all of the hardware checks out. I've tried all of the suggestions to be found on forums, contacted Ziggo,  etc but still have this issue that is really spoiling my listening pleasure. I'm no longer listening to the music but "anticipating" the next buffer/stutter/stop/start. I think you get it.

Two observations that I have not seen in other posts;

- When the "buffering" happens, the elapsed time indicator on the Spotify app keeps going but if you press pause, it jumps back to the start time of the buffering/stutter. If you let it run, it will keep going beyond the end of the track time until the buffering has caught up again/resolved. 

- My girlfriend connected to my system on her Spotify Premium account and (for that occasion at least) there was no buffering.

I have been running this hardware setup for at least 3 years and this problem started about 4 weeks ago. I really have tried everything and no solution. Please help!!!!!

Had the same problem with my Yamaha wxa-50. I contacted KPN they told me to do a factory reset on the device. After that I logged out and in to spotify connect.

So far so good...

I have the same problem with my Yamaha R-N602 amp since about a mounth, I never faced this issue before that...

Hi Arthur, do you mean to reset the Yamaha WXA-50 or the KPN router?

Hi everyone,

i did a reset of my WX-050 and it did not solved the issue. Seems that all the Yamaha community using Spotify connect are facing the issue with all Yamaha devices.

so this is not anymore a question of device support, it’s what we call a « general » problem.

i hope Spotify teams will now get in touch with Yamaha and work on that…this situation is quite unacceptable, using Spotify connect is a main UX objective for some of us regarding our choice using Yamaha and Spotify as partner buying their devices and service.

Just to make it clear and simple for Spotify teams and responsible.

there is a lot of other streaming solution, even lot with Hifi quality (not in place with Spotify offer today).

if we do not have anymore the benefit of the Spotify connect feature, providing this « rich » user experience integration with Yamaha devices. There is no more reason for Yamaha users and community to continu with Spotify.

So being logic, we should not incist so much to Spotify team to support us contacting themselves yamaha teams. It should be a logic strategy to be sure they will not loose subscriptions/subscribers…

waiting for a constructive feedback of my message from Spotify teams now, I think we already make the round about the problem, let’s move on solving and contacting Yamaha yourself.

thanks a lot.

A quick update for community members and especially the Spotify & Yamaha teams. 

- When the stutter/buffering happens, the download speed of my WXAD-10 drops from the regular 500-600 Kbps to about 40 Kbps. No dropouts on my tv also connected to the Ziggo connection so I conclude it's not an internet provider issue.

- The last software update for the Yamaha WXAD-10 was on 8 November 2021 to V_4.60. I have the feeling that's when this issue started. I'll email Yamaha again as they respond quickly and see if it's possible to roll back to V_4.50 to test the difference.

Until we receive a firmware update or other solution that addresses this issue, my workaround is using a spare phone to stream Spotify to my RX-A3080 over airplay (or Bluetooth). That way when I walk around the property the sound doesn’t cut out. I don’t think the audio fidelity is as good as the internal Spotify in the receiver, but it’s a decent workaround.

I'm facing the same issue with Yamaha Musiccast 20.

Suggested posts