Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit Content also blocks non Explicit Songs

Explicit Content also blocks non Explicit Songs

Hey there,

So I was just testing out the explicit content (I rarely listen to explicit content) but of course I wanted to try it out for 3 days and I just wanted to see what the explicit content would do, of course, it blocks explicit songs from playing. I wanted to just play clean music for 3 days. But then I've noticed that after 2 days of not playing any explicit content, some of the songs that are not explicit are being blocked. I can't show you a screenshot 'cause I have unblocked the explicit content button. Then when I turn on the Explicit Content Playback, those songs that were "blocked" got unblocked. Strange. Does anyone have any ideas or anything about why this is happening? Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Joel-M,

Help is here. Could you try a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

Give that ago and then give it another try and keep us in the loop how you get on,

Hi @EthanS1,

Thank you for replying to my topic. This isn't a big concern for me, I just wanted to see what the explicit content would do, but as I found out that it also blocks nonexplicit content. Before you posted this I have done the following. A clean reinstall, uninstall, and reinstall the app. I have also logged out and in. Restarting the computer. Again this isn't a big concern for me, I just wanted to try out turning off the explicit content. But thanks for posting though!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks, will do some further research in to this and will pass across any updates as and when I get them. Just to check the songs that were being blocked which weren't explicit did they have a E marker at all as these are applied by the Artists and Labels not Spotify.

All the best,

Suggested posts