Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Spotify Link Preview Not Working (Music Stories)

Facebook Spotify Link Preview Not Working (Music Stories)

(Devices - using a desktop Mac and iPhone )

My Question or Issue

My band has an EP and I want to share it on facebook using the preview player thing. However, whenever we share the link from Spotify (the album link), all we get is a white preview box with the cover of the album.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.14.37 PM.png

What we should be seeing is an interactive preview (see the example below with Taylor Swift).

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.18.54 PM.png

We have a verified artist account and it does not work, whereas other artists aren't verified and have the same amount of followers. I tested this with Spotify artists that are similar to us in following they are able to get working Facebook preview link. 

What can I do to get the interactive Facebook link when I share my album link? 

I used the Facebook debugging method people have posted about and it still won't update. This doesn't make sense and I am at the point where I believe it's a bug on my account? Somebody, please help me because we want to promote our music online and the link preview is extremely outdated.

12 Replies

I need help with this also. 

I want this :

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.09.39 PM.png

But I get this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.18.29 PM.png

What am I doing wrong? I'm sharing the open.spotify.com/artist link.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.18.29 PM.png

Hi, have you gotten any help with this yet? I’m having the same problem and can find no answers. I emailed Spotify and they said it was facebook’s problem. Facebook has yet to respond. I also tried the debugger and it didn’t work. So frustrating!!!

Hey @sarahbrosch, @jenatbee and @jcatalano,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's basically up to how the content is being labeled and submitted to us. We don't have any exact info about this but perhaps the aggregator or Spotify for Artists could give you some more info about this.

Hope it'll help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I am also having this problem. When sharing the Spotify url to FB. Did you ever find an alternative solution or response from Facebook? I have contacted CDBaby to see if the metadata was sent accordingly, and it was fine. Also contacted Spotify, and recieved the same response: to contact Facebook. However, Facebook doesn't reach back to me, it's been over a month and I can't share my music on Facebook without being ashamed of the lame look: it only shows 3 songs of the whole album. Spotifypreview.png

It’s weird, it ended up fixing itself, but I haven’t tried posting a Spotify link in quite awhile so who knows what it’ll do now. It seems to be fine sometimes and then messed up again for no reason. I never did get an answer to properly fix the issue.

This is crazy. I am trying the Debugging method from FB and I can see in real time how the songlist is altered, sometimes it shows only 2 songs or 5 songs. It's insane. However, it NEVER shows the full songlist. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 10.07.13 PM.png

Yeah, I tried the debugger also. It did change it, but it still didn’t look the way it was supposed to. So frustrating.

I have the same problem in 2020 with my second EP. The preview will only show 1 track of the 5 tracks Album. 

Hey there @Newblissmusic

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you tried contacting the Spotify for Artists team as @Guido suggested? Our colleagues specialize in supporting artist profiles on Spotify and they can help with issues like the one you're experiencing. 

You can contact them here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

We did, but there was no solution... It's a bummer because now it looks like I'm sharing an old song rather than an entire EP....

Hello and I am having the same issue but an additional issue on top of the one mentioned. On FB once I share the spotify artist link for my artist profile, I notice the monthly listener count display is outdated and also the image that posted with the Spotify link both seem from two months ago just basing this off of the images and counts that match up with two months ago roughly and not updated to current time (4/30/2022)

SPOTIFY reply.png
Spotify reply 2.png

Hey @HashtagK-SLAY,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Just to confirm, have you tried contacting the Spotify for Artists team? No worries, the Artist Services team will help you with anything you may need. You can contact them in English through this link. They'll answer you as soon as possible. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts