Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Flash Problem With Chrome

Flash Problem With Chrome

Hi its 11/1/2016 i started up chrome and went to spotify's web player and it told me to enable flash i did and it wont work i have also manually put the URL in and accept it to make the plugin work but still will not work and i cant get it to work at all have been at this for 4 hours now i have done everything to restarting to restoring my system please help... 

5 Replies

Same

I'm also having the same problem using both Chrome and Safari on a Mac

chrome://plugins/

Chrome on Windows is 54.0.2840.87 m (64-bit)

Flash Plugin is 23.0.0.205 PPAPI

Should be enabled.

No need to allow anything in terms of whitelisting sites.

Widevine and Native Client are also listed as enabled plugins that are related to PPAPI and sandboxing.

I would recommend 64-bit Chrome if you are still using the old 32-bit version. Clean installs on 64-bit systems will be 64-bit. Older installations may well still be 32-bit and although updated may be a little sub-optimal.

http://www.howtogeek.com/241501/you-should-upgrade-to-64-bit-chrome.-its-more-secure-stable-and-spee...

hi im the original poster of this and what ended up working for me is uninstalling chrome and reinstalling it

Uninstalling and reinstalling the chrome browser should fix your issue.

Google Chrome now doesn't use a version of flash player that can be installed. It uses NPAPI or PAPI (I can't remember which...) which is automatically updated.. (Another bright idea from google!).

The problem this can have is if an update fails to install correctly, there isn't anything you can do about it which probably explains why your web player wasn't working. Reinstalling the browser from the web allows you to get the most updated version.

Hope this works!

qw3rt33

Suggested posts