Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freezes after advertisement

Solved!

Freezes after advertisement

Hi. My Spotify always freezes after an advertisement finishes. It won't let me play any other songs. I have to exit and open Spotify again to fix this problem. It's the same advertisement everytime (Squarespace). Other than that, it works great! Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@cacahead1 wrote:

Hi. My Spotify always freezes after an advertisement finishes. It won't let me play any other songs. I have to exit and open Spotify again to fix this problem. It's the same advertisement everytime (Squarespace). Other than that, it works great! Any suggestions?

Welcome to the community! have you tried a clean reinstallation and see if that helps?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I am having this same issue on Mac OS X El Capitan, which has been ongoing for a few weeks. I have cleared the cache as well as deleting and re-installing the app. Nothing seems to help. 

View solution in original post

35 Replies
Marked as solution

@cacahead1 wrote:

Welcome to the community! have you tried a clean reinstallation and see if that helps?

This worked. Thank you!!

@cacahead1 wrote:

This worked. Thank you!!

you're Welcome!!! 🙂

I am having this problem.  I listen to the web player so there shouldn't be anything to download or reinstall.  This has only started happening the past few days.  What's the problem?!

It does appear to be an issue for a number of users over the past few days. 

I am aware it has been passed to the Spotify teams for investigation. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I tried to give you kudos for this comment but it said:

"Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."

I am having the same issue with the web player.

I am having the same issues with the web player. I can't download the full version onto my work computer so I have to use the web player. Everytime an ad plays (the only ad I ever hear is for Lowe's) I have to close and re-open my browser to continue listening. 

I am having the exact same problem. I just reload the page, and it fixes it until the next ad (but it's really frustrating when you lose your spot when on shuffle). Its been doing this for 3 days or there abouts.

hi. i have the same problem with the web-version of spotify. spotify stops while (?) playing an advertisment. very very annoyning. it seems the general rule in computerland: annoy people as much as possible as nobody can charge you for the trouble.

That issue on the web player has been passed over to the Spotify teams to investigate. 

For updates keep an eye on this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

About time this problem was sorted,driving me round the bend.

Same problem with a lockdown after an advertisement. I have tried re-installing several times. It sometimes works for a while but does eventually resurface. 

Problem solved!
After I downloaded the latest version of Spotify the problem disappeared. And has been ok for the last 2 or 3 days.

Same problem and I read your suggestion of a reinstallation.  I did reinstall and it still  occurs.  Any other ideas?

Hi kamcye

Afraid not. This worked ok for me, been no problem since.

I'm losing my mind every time it gets to that ad I have to close and reinstall  grrrrr

I'm having the same problem and reinstallation doesn't fix it. 😞

That doesn't work does anyone have a solution?

I've tried a reinstallation. It still freezes.

Suggested posts