Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friend Activity not working even after enabling activity sharing on both sides

Friend Activity not working even after enabling activity sharing on both sides

I know that I'm one of several people encountering these issues, but my problem wasn't resolved by any of the solutions in other threads. With the update and the new setting, all of a sudden my friends disappeared from the activity bar because of the automatic default to private. I understand that you need to enable it, and I did. The problem is that even after multiple friends enabled theirs, I still couldn't see them. I made sure we were mutually following, that the activity was toggled on, that the sharing was toggled on, etc., I still can't see them. Connecting to facebook doesn't work either, and it wasn't required to use the friends activity previously anyway. They can see me just fine, but not the other way around. My Spotify is up to date, I've fully uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted my computer and the program, and nothing works. My friends list only shows one of the dozen or so people that it used to and even after mutually activating the right settings, it isn't showing anybody else. Is there actually a solution or is the new change just grievously flawed/working improperly for a lot of people?

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

settings.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @ashildr_bay!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community and sharing all troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

We've received more reports from other users about this behavior of the Friend Activity bar and we're currently looking further into it.

You can keep an eye for updates on our investigation here.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you and have a great weekend!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts