Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy watch 4 playback through watch speaker

Galaxy watch 4 playback through watch speaker

We need support for music playback through the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 speaker. The previous versions of the watch had Spotify on the Tizen OS and it played through the device speaker. Now since the switch to Wear OS it is not possible to play through the device speaker. This is a badly needed change to the Spotify app on Wear OS. Please fix and update! 

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your comments and feedback on this topic!

We understand that you'd like to be able to listen to your music directly through the watch speakers. Our developers are aware of this, but currently implementing such a function is not on our roadmap for Wear OS models.

However, if this is something that you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion, and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

42 Replies

I need this feature! I really liked heading my music on my wrist! We should have a choice to pair to headphones or listen in the watch itself. Heading out in my watch really helps me end my day- I'm a teacher and when I'm quickly cleaning up it really helps to not have to get headphones! 

Please update the app so we can play through the watch itself! 

I've downloaded music to my watch but app won't let the music play through the watch itself. It's saying to pair to headphones or okay though my phone. It would be nice to have a choice if you play through the watch speakers itself or pair to headphones like in previous Galaxy watches

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your comments and feedback on this topic!

We understand that you'd like to be able to listen to your music directly through the watch speakers. Our developers are aware of this, but currently implementing such a function is not on our roadmap for Wear OS models.

However, if this is something that you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend having a look in our Idea Exchange, to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion, and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts