Family Premium 

Country

USA

Device

Apple  TV

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

have deleted and reinstalled, restarted my Apple TV, but none of this has resolved the problem. My iPhone 13 Pro Max works fine. 

36 Replies

Hi @Josehead,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

First up, check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app, and make sure your TV's software is up-to-date. This situation was reported as fixed a few months ago, so just to check, did this recently start happening? And did you notice if it happened after an update or recent change?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still currently happening as of 17 Dec 2023.  Please fix ASAP.

I have the same issue, Apple TV is up to date (17.2) and app is up to date. Have tried restarting

Hey @Sfoweather,

Thanks for reporting this!
@Josehead does the same issue persist for you and, if not, could you let us know how you've resolved it? 

Leaving some troubleshooting steps for anyone who hasn't tried them all yet 🙂

1. Close and reopen the app
  2. Restart your Apple TV
  3. Check for updates
  4. Delete the app and reinstall it
    1. Select the app you want to delete, then press and hold the click pad center (Siri Remote 2nd generation or later) or touch surface (Siri Remote 1st generation).
    2. Select Delete App, then select Delete instead of Offload.

Tip: Offloading an app removes it from the Home Screen to free up storage, but retains its data in case you install it again.

Deleting an app also deletes its data which we want to do now. You can download the app again from App Store after this.
Everything that is saved in your online profiles will remain the same.

Should the issue persist after this, we'd like to know your:

• Affected device's brand and model
  • Its OS version
  • The Spotify app version currently installed

Keep us posted on how things go!  We'll be on the lookout.

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I’m now having this issue. Checked the wifi, restarted tv, deleted and reinstalled app. Nothing working. 

Same issue!

Having same issue 12/19/23. Deleted and redownloaded app. Restarted tv. Restarted wifi. No luck. Please help. First got Error 200, now Error 100.

Still currently happening as of 19 December 2023.

I've restarted, rebooted, reinstalled, updated, deleted, downloaded, reset, unplugged, etc, etc, etc.

PLEASE FIX THE SPOTIFY THAT I AM PAYING FOR.

This is obviously an issue on Spotify's end if the problem is intermittent and a lot of people are having the same issue over and over again.

Hey there @annierjones18,

Thanks for the post and good job for already trying some troubleshooting steps! 

There's something else you can try and hopefully it'll change how the app behaves:

1. Launch Spotify.
  2. Wait until you no longer see the Spotify logo.
  3. Go back to the main menu.
  4. Close the app (double press the TV button for application switcher, focus the app you'd like to force quit and then swipe up).

Keep us in the loop.

IvelinaModerator

I have the same issue. Discussing with Spotify Cares on X (the app formerly known as Twitter):

https://x.com/mikecooper/status/1737163221205668144?s=46&t=l3RZTJvEzPR_2U0FBJ5x1w

I’m having the same issue and it just started today I have an Apple TV 4K (tvOS 17.2) 

and the Spotify app (version 1.39.4)

I already restarted the Apple TV, removed and downloaded the app and NOTHING 

Still currently happening as of 22 December 2023.

Issue still not resolved.

image.jpg

Hi everyone!

Our tech folks are looking into this. To aid us in the investigation, please share the following details (if you haven't already):

• the OS version of your Apple TV
  • the exact version of Spotify you're running

Thanks! We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any updates on the matter.

YordanModerator

Same issue and I’ve tried all troubleshooting suggestions. 

Most recent version of Spotify (automatic updates are on and I uninstalled/reinstalled today)

Same as others.  Getting 200 error. 
TVOS 17.2 on Appletv 4k 1st gen.

Same issue as of 12/26/23. 
updated software, deleted and reinstalled, reset tv - nothing fixed. 
tvOS: 17.2

12/31/2023… issue still persists. This is becoming increasingly ridiculous, I haven’t been able to use Spotify on my appletv for what feels like about a month now. 

I'm now in a weird position… two of my Apple TVs can access Spotify (occasional Error 100/200 codes, but a force quick and restart fixes it) but my third Apple TV still can't get beyond the error screen. Surprised it's taking this long to fix…

I also discovered something weird while troubleshooting with Spotify, which was that sometimes (and in my case, only when there was only one Apple TV on the network) I was still able to select the Apple TV as a Spotify Connect destination and send music to it.

Suggested posts